By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I've found peace and acceptance now. The Xbox/Xbox 360 were always doomed.

It was always going to happen I may as well accept it now before denying the truth gets any more painful.

It happened to the first Xbox so perhaps it was inevitable that it would happen to the 2nd.

"US, August 1, 2008 - In May, id Software put out a press release that announced the company had begun production on Doom 4, the latest game in the storied first-person franchise, and that it was looking to hire new talent to work on the game. It was a strange way to announce a game, so at QuakeCon on Thursday night, id CEO Todd Hollenshead officially announced the game's existence.

Hollenshead worked the crowd into cheers by announcing some basic information, such as Doom 4 having guns, demons, and "gibs", or the parts that are leftover after a body explodes. Laughter ensued when someone in the crowd yelled "flashlights", a reference to the in-game flashlight in Doom 3 that was the cause of some outcry, since you couldn't hold your gun and your flashlight at the same time."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Do I take solace in the fact that the PS3 is going to be equally "Doomed" as the Xbox 360? Well I guess 3 of the systems are in this together - PC/PS3/Xbox 360 so I guess if we get scared we can always find comfort talking about it with each other. Of course PC users will always claim to be "more" scared than their console brethren but I think they should toughen up and stop acting like children.

Tease.

Around the Network

Now that was crafty Squilliam =D

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Wasn't this announced already?

lol?

yeah teh 360 has rrod, bad games, cheap quality,

joke

Around the Network

LOL. Crazy bastard. I didn't care too much for Doom 3.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Now that was crafty Squilliam =D

I love it! Its some of my best work.

Tease.

Just wait for the next announcement where he talks about how Doom 4 will come on 2 DVDs and have lower quality graphics on the 360 then on the PS3 just like Rage.

That said whats the point of getting Doom on a console anyway? FPS games are 100x better on the PC, especially heavily single player ones like Doom. I just hope it comes out for Mac like most of their games do so I don't have to deal with the suckage that is Vista to play it.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

macs aren't powerful enough to play a game like doom4

Add a 60 at the end of the 3 on Doom. Now.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List