By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

You want a serious debate? Fine. For your OP, you never once explained how the Wii is a toy. All you did was explain how it branches into new demographics. What you should have done is explain how branching into those demographics makes it a toy, which you never did.

As for your reply, if you want to not be laughed at for that second paragraph, try and explain how 360 and PS3 are working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games. What does that even mean?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
generally what people do is read the title and then read the rest, they don't just respond to the title with an opinion. this is written as a serious piece, even though there weren't any drafts or anything like that, and the wording is lacking something to be desired, but if all you care about is upping your post count, then please don't bother.

troll much?

11ht11 said:

can you summarize it then, its not worth my time to read YOUR long post!!

yeah i think at the bottom of the piece i wrote : "in very short summarization:" so you might want to start there. I will highlight it for others as well now that i have a grasp of my audience.

what post count?

theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

Yes the Wii is more of a toy then the other two and that is why it´s succeding since all consoles are supposed to be toys but the PS3 and the 360 fail in that department.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

@ the OP

fail

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Yes it is, just like the videogames before it.
I grab the controller and play games to be entertained.
When videogames stop doing that I stop playing videogames.

I guess PS3 and 360 software is not called games, right?

Let me guess, they are interactive art software.

Seriously... go away troll.

I agree with you, but so are the other consoles. And in this website, you will get blasted for saying that.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Onyxmeth said:
theprof00 said:

You want a serious debate? Fine. For your OP, you never once explained how the Wii is a toy. All you did was explain how it branches into new demographics. What you should have done is explain how branching into those demographics makes it a toy, which you never did.

As for your reply, if you want to not be laughed at for that second paragraph, try and explain how 360 and PS3 are working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games. What does that even mean?

what i mean is that game companies try and make some crazy realistic stuff that in the end is a gamble seeing as how they've spent 15-20 million dollars on production. In this sense, they are moving away from the "toy" aspect of gaming, and nintendo is actively pursuing the toy demographic with cheap fun easy to play games.