By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will XBOX live take action against people abusing the Fable II pub games ch

Commando said:
thekitchensink said:
There's not really any reason for them to--There's only single-player and coop, with no leaderboards, so it's all in good fun. They don't care if people want to ruin their own games--that's their own decision--it only matters if it affects other peoples' experience. Hell, if we weren't allowed cheats in single-player games, why were cheat codes even invented?

Because Activision in the late 70s was like most game publishers and did not allow programmers to have individual credit for the games they programmed (In those days very few people were needed to make a game).  So the programmer that made the game Adventure in 1980, had an unlockable "room" in the game with his name written on it.

Wow, didn't know that. Thats cool...

Around the Network

Actually, I read an interview where Peter said he was thinking about adding PvP later on.

Yeah I thought I had read that too. I also read unconfirmed rumor about a possible Arena area.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

UPDATE!

Well in answer to my own question: YES!

Lionhead studious released a patch for Fable II pub games.

When I logged in a few days ago a message stated that there was a mandatory update for the game.

Now the cheat no longer works.

I think this does speak strongly for plans in the long run to have more online competition and stuff.

Also, the guy at Gamecrazy said that apparently the gold that you take with you in game is only Tournament winnings and not regular pub winnings. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, I am screwed like hell. Damn spinnerbox.

JaggedSac said:
Actually, I read an interview where Peter said he was thinking about adding PvP later on.

If true Fable 2 will transform into the game I will never stop playing.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

Same here. Oh yeah. Has anyone heard weather or not there is a way to reserve your name if you have pre-ordered the game. I will be pissed if 1nce again I can't get my name "Commando" because it almost always gets taken.

Another Update on the subject!!!

Apparently Peter is claiming the cheat was intentional and abusers willbe punished in game.
Details aren't listed. I wonder how intricate a process they will use in punishing players. Unless the statement is a joke.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/21/fable-2-pub-games-receives-patch-gold-exploit-fixed/

Its a single player RPG. It doesn't matter if people cheat.

Dude. Read.

Releasing a patch is hardly punishment for the people that already have the gold. And to be honest I couldn't care less. If someone wants to cheat on their first play-through its their choice. However if they get punished ingame like peter said, then thats awesome :)