By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spider Pig... Spider Pig...

Snesboy said:
SamuelRSmith said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Seriously, I thought the movie was ''mmmkay''. They should have invested more time in creating two episodes and make it epic (like Burn's death).

I have to say though, too bad Spider Pig was gone after that escape part. o_o

No! Episodes like that just couldn't be handled well enough with today's current staff. Had we been talking 10 years ago, I would have kind of agreed as the staff would have been able to deal with the delicasy of a story like that, being able to make it both "epic", but sweet at the same time.

Anywho Mr. Burns is dead already, I mean, how many times has Homer been in the Nuclear Plant in the past 4-5 years? I bet you could count it on one hand. The longetivity of the show has meant that episodes based around the SNPP cannot be done, as the writers just can't think of any more episodes. Hence why Homer seems to get a new job every week (of course, that has nothing to do with his new jerkish characterisation that he's developed since the Mike Scully years).

Personally, I thought the movie was good enough to do the Simpsons justice, but it was nothing like the classic years.

I recall an episode where he got his job outsourced to India a couple seasons ago. But I can't be sure. There have been too many seasons of The Simpsons.

Kiss Kiss Bang Banalore of Season 17, so roughly two years ago. In the earlier seasons Homer was in the SNPP at least 5-6 times a season.