By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can you change the controls in Spore?

If not they've made it just about unplayable for left handed people -_-

Around the Network

U CAN USE THE KEYBOARD TY

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

No shit, but you can't change the controls as far as I can tell.

WSAD doesn't generally work for left handed people and that's the only option they give you.

The arrow keys do the same as WSAD.

There are a lot of problems with the controls, though. The way you rotate the camera keeps changing between each of the levels, for absolutely no logical reason. Not being able to rotate the camera using keys when you are on a planet in the space stage is a bloody nightmare too.

You can change whether camera rotation is done with both L+R mouse, or just R.

That's it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I'm left handed and I don't know what the problem is. WASD is the best to have come for us left-handed folks, because it lets you keep a realistic distance between both hands. I'm using the mouse with my right hand, btw.

If you're using the mouse with your left, then you use can the arrow keys instead, which work exactly like the WASD keys.

Wait, you can create and customize ANYTHING in this game but not the controls?

Eh...?

Played_Out said:
The arrow keys do the same as WSAD.

There are a lot of problems with the controls, though. The way you rotate the camera keeps changing between each of the levels, for absolutely no logical reason. Not being able to rotate the camera using keys when you are on a planet in the space stage is a bloody nightmare too.

I tried using the arrow keys and they didn't do anything for me.  I'll try again tonight but I tried them last night and they didn't do anything in the first land stage at least.

shio said:
I'm left handed and I don't know what the problem is. WASD is the best to have come for us left-handed folks, because it lets you keep a realistic distance between both hands. I'm using the mouse with my right hand, btw.

If you're using the mouse with your left, then you use can the arrow keys instead, which work exactly like the WASD keys.

Yeah, if you're using the mouse in your right hand then it does't really matter.  If you're like most left handers, you use your mouse in your left hand and that's when WASD sucks. 

Just try placing the mouse in your left hand and then placing your right hand on the keyboard.  After you see how uncomfortable that is, try doing even simple things like moving and jumping.

I control movement with the arrow keys in Spore. Thoguh I'm in Space stage, maybe on other stages it doesn't work

uhhm i'm left handed too and have no problem with WASD on spore or..any other game really. (yes i have the mouse in my right hand but that's just a matter of getting used to).

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!