By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - N'Gai Croal calls for a Xbox 360 recall!

Does the warranty only cover the 3 rings or any unprovoked failure?

Around the Network

I believe the new warranty is only for RROD faults.

SpaceJase said:

Uh, okay. First, we have no idea if that 30% is accurate. Only MS knows that and there might be a specific failure on certain 360s that causes one to fail while another will be fine until the end of time. That would make a recall a big waste of time and money. We don't know ANYTHING about this, really. MS is extremely tight-lipped in this regard.

Anyway, the 3 year warranty is just fine. It's an unprecedented move on Microsoft's part and we should just be thankful they did it and shut the hell up about this until more is known about it.

What an utterly mindless comment.

I have absolutely no reason to be thankful to Microsoft. Their decisions are based on economics, not loyalty to the userbase.

If everyone took your attitude then Microsoft would be laughing their tits off and would have had no reason to extend the warranty because people should 'shut the hell up'.

Of course they didn't do it out of goodwill. I said nothing of the sort. They did it based on economics.

I'm just happy that this didn't have to end in a class-action lawsuit a la Sony and the PS2. MS stepped up to the plate and extended the warranty. Now I can play my console without fear of RRoD. They're also retrofitting new parts that hopefully cures this problem.

What more can you ask out of them? A console that was designed properly in the first place? Yeah, that would have been nice but it's a bit late in the game to start lamenting over MS's shoddy industrial design department. They're taking proactive measures to ensure people are satisfied with their purchases.

Now can we just let this die? Or do you want to grab another stick and continue to wail on that dead horse for another few months?

BTW, I love how you call my comment "mindless" and then proceed to argue a point I wasn't even making. Cheers to reading comprehension!

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/