By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Street Fighter 4 missing something important?

The ability to parry!

Around the Network
Iori Yagami said:
pika said:

Its missing Nintendo Wii

Wii fans wouldn't play it. You would actually have to practice and have skill, something Wii fans would not like. They only want it so it would be a 3rd-party game for the Wii.

A stereotype of a consumer can not be created…

Being  Nintendo fan does not do slowing down to you, good part of us we began in the age of the Atari2600 and the Nes, where games with the difficulty of the Ninga Gaiden (Nes) were the usual thing.

Sick of SackBoy threads

Innovation?

I'm kidding. I like what I've seen so far in SF IV!

Iori Yagami said:
pika said:

Its missing Nintendo Wii

Wii fans wouldn't play it. You would actually have to practice and have skill, something Wii fans would not like. They only want it so it would be a 3rd-party game for the Wii.

Yeah Sure...

Of course Wii fans would play it

The site is infested by delusional fans like Iori Yagami. It's starting to feel like those dirty Gamespot forums.

Why wouldn't Wii fans play SF4? How come they only want it for showing off reasons? Is stupidity the new trend here?

I guess 7 million fighting games fans who bought SSBB or the almost 1 million people that bought Naruto or DBZ have the games hanging on their walls too.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Its missing SF3 characters. SF3 being the best sf and all I was expecting the likes of Urien, Remi and Alex to return.

Yeah Alex was the lead character of the SF3. Unlike a good deal of the SF3 cast, Alex was in his 20s in SF3 so he'd be old enough to be in SFIV. I know a lot of the characters Elena, Ibuki, Sean, Yun, and Yang were teens. It would nice to see Hugo and Zangief in the same game as well. Pure grappler players would actually have an option besides Zangief. I think SFA3 was the only game in the series to have more than one pure grappler. Hell, throw R.Mika in the game. It would add a pure grappler and a female character to the game.

doesnt matter this game will be..... no IT IS the best fighting game on the planet and wahtever they add or subtract will not change that.

BUT!!

i wish they would put every character in it like Mideway did with MK:A

Dno said:
doesnt matter this game will be..... no IT IS the best fighting game on the planet and wahtever they add or subtract will not change that.

BUT!!

i wish they would put every character in it like Mideway did with MK:A

Trust me, you don't want that. It leads to underdeveloped characters with wishy-washy moves and tons of repetitive animations shared by all. There were oly about three combo animations/button presses for all the characters in MK:A

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

trestres said:
The site is infested by delusional fans like Iori Yagami. It's starting to feel like those dirty Gamespot forums.

Why wouldn't Wii fans play SF4? How come they only want it for showing off reasons? Is stupidity the new trend here?

I guess 7 million fighting games fans who bought SSBB or the almost 1 million people that bought Naruto or DBZ have the games hanging on their walls too.

You must be an attorney for nintendo and its fans. You can't seem to ever stop defending the wii community.

Anyway, I don't think motion controls will do anything for the wii version which would hamper its wii sales greatly. And you really consider SSBB a fighting game? SSBB just sells because it is a Nintendo game. For one, I don't know of any in-depth fighter with more that two players competing at once.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
trestres said:

You must be an attorney for nintendo and its fans. You can't seem to ever stop defending the wii community.

Anyway, I don't think motion controls will do anything for the wii version which would hamper its wii sales greatly. And you really consider SSBB a fighting game? SSBB just sells because it is a Nintendo game. For one, I don't know of any in-depth fighter with more that two players competing at once.

Oh yes, SSBB is just a minigame collection that forces you to waggle.

Also the other million who bought the DB games or the Naruto games are also not fighting games fans.

Lastly GC controller, arcade pads and classic controllers are not available for the Wii.

It's a conspiracy from Nintendo and Wii owners, they hate fighters, but they like to show off.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies