By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-enix TGS 2008 games

Mellenium - Has SE switched an existing storyline to different consoles? In order for 3 to go to the Wii they'd need to change that. Also if they already have the script they'd need to go back and re-write it. What would they do put mario and zelda in the game? 2 characters that never talk and clash with the art style? That would be corny to the fans of the series.

Also if all they care about is money why put kingdom hearts game on the psp....

Around the Network

@Millinieum,

Why do Wii Cultists get so mad when you tell them things they don't want to hear?

True the Wii has sold 30,000,000 consoles but the PS2 sold 120,000,000 consoles. That means that if all 30,000,000 of those Wii consoles were sold to PS2 owners that decided for some inexplicable reason that they had to have the Wii this gen instead of the PS3, and that 15,000,000 PS3s had been sold to PS2 owners that decided they wanted to continue their experiences with the greatest family of video game consoles ever on the planet in my opinion with the purchase of a PS3; and  another 20,000,000  360's being sold for some inexplicable reason to former PS2 owners that decided they had they had to have a 360 this gen instead of the PS3; that still means there are 55,000,000 PS2 owners that haven't made up their mind which or if they even want a current gen console.

So, a certain percentage of that group were probably Kingdom Hearts and Disney fans. And, if Kingdom Hearts III goes to the PS3, then the same number of those 55,000,000 left over PS2 fans that happen to be Kingdom Hearts fans will follow suit and pick up a PS3 and increase the user base of the PS3 even further.

That's just math 095 my friend. This is also. How much does the typical Wii game cost $50.00? How much does the typical PS3 game cost $60.00. That means both Disney and Square-Enix stand to make $10.00 more on each copy of Kingdom Hearts III that they sell on the PS3 instead of on the Wii.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

@Millinieum,

Why do Wii Cultists get so mad when you tell them things they don't want to hear?

True the Wii has sold 30,000,000 consoles but the PS2 sold 120,000,000 consoles. That means that if all 30,000,000 of those Wii consoles were sold to PS2 owners that decided for some inexplicable reason that they had to have the Wii this gen instead of the PS3, and that 15,000,000 PS3s had been sold to PS2 owners that decided they wanted to continue their experiences with the greatest family of video game consoles on the planet in my opinion with the PS3; and another 20,000,000 of those being sold to PS2 owners that decided that for some inexplicable reason they had to have a 360 this gen; that still means there are 55,000,000 PS2 owners that haven't made up their mind which or if they even want a current gen console.

So, a certain percentage of that group were probably Kingdom Hearts and Disney fans. And, if Kingdom Hearts III goes to the PS3, then the same number of those 55,000,000 left over PS2 fans that happen to be Kingdom Hearts fans will follow suit and pick up a PS3 and increase the user base of the PS3 even further.

That's just math 095 my friend. This is also. How much does the typical Wii game cost $50.00? How much does the typical PS3 game cost $60.00. That means both Disney and Square-Enix stand to make $10.00 more on each copy of Kingdom Hearts III that they sell on the PS3 instead of on the Wii.

How much does a Wii game cost to develop on average? How much does a PS3 game cost to develop on average? There is a reason why the typical Wii game costs $10 less.

"How much does a Wii game cost to develop on average? How much does a PS3 game cost to develop on average? There is a reason why the typical Wii game costs $10 less."

I know it is because the vast majority of Wii games are inferior according to sites like IGN, Metacritic, and Game Rankings.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

Maybe Crystal Bearers will be a surprise showing...along with Kingdom Hearts III and Haeresis XIII.

yeah...

Around the Network

badgenome - I wouldn't be surprised if development dropped for the Ps3 with sony releasing development tools and developers having experience with the system now. More efficient work. True wii would still be cheaper.

Paul_Warren said:
"How much does a Wii game cost to develop on average? How much does a PS3 game cost to develop on average? There is a reason why the typical Wii game costs $10 less."

I know it is because the vast majority of Wii games are inferior according to sites like IGN, Metacritic, and Game Rankings.

So if IGN likes your game, you can charge more for it?

I think it has more to do with things like those expensive HD graphics you were just hyping a few posts up.

Why would Crystal Bearers be a surprise showing? The game has been in development for more than 3 years now.

The only surprising thing would be that it is an HD/PSP game now, there's a huge chance of that happening.

Also IU(360), KH:BBS(PSP), KH:358/2 Days(DS), KH:Coded (mobile), Agito FFXIII(mobile but later PSP), Parasite Eve 3(mobile but later PSP) and a bunch of crappy DS games are the games that got announced at TGS 07. But with even no mention of FFCC:CB, the game is either cancelled or switching platforms (probably moneyhatted by MS).

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

LOL MATURE said:
badgenome - I wouldn't be surprised if development dropped for the Ps3 with sony releasing development tools and developers having experience with the system now. More efficient work. True wii would still be cheaper.

Perhaps, but my point is that the extra $10 a consumer spends for a PS3/360 game is by no means pure profit. To suggest that as a reason that KH3 should go to the PS3 over the Wii shows an amazing lack of understanding.

"So if IGN likes your game, you can charge more for it?

I think it has more to do with things like those expensive HD graphics you were just hyping a few posts up."

Oh well, if I have to pay $10.00 extra for great graphics in my games, then so be it. If I'd only wanted the level of elevation in graphics power that the Wii typically demonstrates, I would have done just as well by sticking with my original xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 and not buying any of the next gen systems.