By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Coming March 2008

Dated: Metal Gear Solid 4               

Solid Date for Solid Snake.

by: Chris Stead 11/07/2007

It has been coming, and coming, and coming, and finally it looks like one of the more highly anticipated releases of all time has been given a release date. Solid Snake’s next-gen debut in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is expected to hit stores in March 2008. This news comes from a release schedule sent from the offices of the game's local distributor Atari this morning.

The timing of this announcement isn’t surprising, with the game expected to be one of the highlights of E3 2007 (which is on this week). Its release in March will see Sony celebrate the PlayStation’s first birthday in third-party style, too. No price has been announced, but other big releases through Atari have been retailing for $109.95. Also interesting, the release schedule had no listing of an Xbox 360 version of the game - read into that what you will.

Keep an eye out for a preview of this game once reports come in from our man on the ground at E3.

Note: This is an Aussie release date, and in the past the series has always arrived late on our shores. This means our international readers can expect it by March 2008 at the latest, and possibly even earlier.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/NEWS/NEWS/tabid/1482/Default.aspx?CID=57da0205-b334-42bf-bce4-d552614e26b8

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Oh...Australia...

I read March 2008, and $109.95, and nearly freaked out...

Title's gonna freak out everyone too...you should've made things more clear...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Oh...Australia...

I read March 2008, and $109.95, and nearly freaked out...

Title's gonna freak out everyone too...you should've made things more clear...

I saw the same thing o_O

they put $109.95, like it was normal, all non chalant.... took me a moment to see Australia.

It's not distributed by Atari in the US, is it? Also if they get it officially in March, will it hit us sooner? Or more likely a simultaneous WW release?

Multiple times, they've promised us 2007...sooo...I'm expecting the game to come out late 2007. And probably a 360 version next year sometime hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )