By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 25 Scariest Resident Evil Moments

Resident_Hazard said:
The flaming guy that bursts out of the refrigerator in RE4 kicked ass.

Also, the regenerators and the "what's-it" in the burlap sack...

RE4 had a lot of inventive scares that revived the series. Another one of my favorites was returning to the church a short time after defeating El Gigante, and seeing the dogs for the first time. I said, "oh, hey, my dog is here." Then it pounced on me and I was frantically mashing away at the buttons to get it off. It was not the friendly dog.

Haha yeah those where awesome and about the sack I was hoping for something too come out of it after it suddenly stopped moving. It would have been a ”oh thank god” moment and then boom something comes out of it…. And it would be an “OMG!!!” moment… lol

Too bad it didn’t happen

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Moment #25 - Regenerators

Moment #1 - Regenerators

Faxanadu said:

Actually scariest moment was that licker jumping into the interrogation room. No one remembers that?

Best moment ever.  I actually dropped my controller because I was so surprised.  Resident Evil 2 for those that don't know.  This list is an utter failure for not even mentioning it (and mentioning crap from RE5 which hasn't even been released yet?).

I love Resident Evil 4 but part 1 was scarier for me. The first crimson zombie that "woke up" up in the remake on Cube freaked me out! I think the 2d gameplay and shifting camera made you feel less in control which upped the tension factor.

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

tuoyo said:
I easily predicted what number 1 would be. It's definitely the scariest thing I have ever experienced in a game or movie.

Indeed.

Although I thought number 2 should have been the one in the bath.

REmake is so much scarier than other REs

Around the Network

man, i really want to play RE5 soon.

I was waiting for #1.......And lo and behold, it's #1.

#1 was/is the defining moment that makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil. My best friend bought Resident Evil when the PS1 hadn't quite taken off yet (ala, well before FFVII). I'll never forget: I was on a couch with my twin brother watching him carefully go through the East Hallway in Umbrella Mansion on a dark, rainy night.

The dog jumped in the window, and we were so scared, I cannot even remember if he actually killed the dog. That IS the defining moment of the entire Survival Horror genre. Bar none. There can be scarier (maybe), but the sheer horror of having that happen when no other game was that scary at the time (D was/is close, though) was truly intense.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.