By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Announces Soundtrack for Boogie

EA ANNOUNCES SOUNDTRACK FOR BOOGIE
Highly Anticipated Dancing and Singing Game Hits Retail Stores this August With Music Made Popular By Hit Bands Including The Jackson 5, Britney Spears, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cyndi Lauper and Black Eyed Peas

Chertsey, UK – July 10, 2007 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the complete soundtrack for Boogie™, which will be released for the Wii™ on August 31st, 2007 in Europe. The game features more than 35 hit songs from over four decades including Celebration, Dancing Machine, Groove Is In The Heart, and We Are Family. The game ships with a packed-in karaoke microphone peripheral and includes new versions of tracks made popular by the hit bands listed below.

”This is a breakthrough game with a landmark soundtrack,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA. “We’ve brought together generations of the biggest hits in pop music history for a game that takes Wii innovation to a whole new level. Boogie is truly the ultimate family fun experience.”

Players will dance, sing and create music videos with this ultimate videogame party package that takes advantage of the innovative Wii controls. Gamers can sing their favorite tunes or dance to the latest hit songs as well as catch their best dance moves, record their own voice and make music videos with the easy-to-use music video creator.

SONG MADE POPULAR BY
ABC The Jackson 5
Baila MeGypsy Kings
Boogie Oogie OogieTaste Of Honey
Brick HouseThe Commodores
Canned HeatJamiroquai
CelebrationKool & The Gang
Dancing in the Street Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Dancing MachineJackson 5
Don't Cha Pussycat Dolls / Busta Rhymes
FergaliciousFergi
Get Right Jennifer Lopez
Get The Party StartedPink
Girls Just Want To Have FunCyndi Lauper
Groove Is In The Heart Dee-Lite
I Want You Back The Jackson 5
I’m A Slave 4 UBritney Spears
It's Raining MenThe Weather Girls
Karma ChameleonCulture Club
Kung Fu Fighting Carl Douglas
Le FreakChic
Let's Get It StartedBlack Eyed Peas
Love RollercoasterRed Hot Chili Peppers
Love ShackThe B-52's
Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of…) Lou Bega
MilkshakeKelis
One More TimeDaft Punk
One Way Or AnotherBlondie
Oops I Did It Again Britney Spears
Pop MuzikM
S.O.S.Rihanna
StarsSimply Red
That's The Way (I Like It)KC And The Sunshine
Tu Y YoThalia
U Can't Touch ThisM.C. Hammer
Virtual InsanityJamiroquai
Walking On SunshineKatrina & The Waves

We Are Family
Sister Sledge
Y.M.C.A.The Village People

To see the full song list and purchase the music from the soundtrack, please visit www.ea.com/eatrax/.

Boogie is the perfect party game and a complete entertainment package for gamers of all ages. This game has been rated 3+ by PEGI Europe. For updated rating information visit www.pegionline.eu in Europe. For more information, videos and screens on the game, please visit the website at www.boogie.ea.com.

Around the Network

Yeah I'm kind of dissapointed by the list, a number of these have already been on Singstar, and too much of this music is dated, classics or not, I'd like to sing more current stuff. Singstar is good about being up-to-date. On a positive note it does have a nice size list.

Good list... I actually wish they had done LESS modern music (2 Spears' songs? Pussycat Dolls? I'll pass), and gotten some more classics in there... Nice to see Chic, Daft Punk, the Commodores, B-52s, and three Jackson 5 songs make the list... I would have liked some O'Jays, Donna Summer, Madonna, Prince, MJ solo, P-Funk, Sly Stone... I would guess licensing for some of those is too expensive... Damn RIAA...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Wow.. that sounds like the soundtrack to "Hell: The Game"

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

'cept for "Raining Men"
It owns...

Hal - LEE LU JAH!

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network

Nice to see some RHCP and Jamiroquai there... everything else is kinda meh...