By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i recon ps3 will have a price cut before the end of the year

sony doesnt want to Confirm a price cut yet so it wont reduce current sales what do you think

Around the Network

i think not

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

it is not impossible but its highly unlikely, sony probably does not want to do a price war with microsoft, they cant win a price war against microsoft

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

You Recon wrong!

I thought people were tired from pricecuts.

Around the Network

nope, unless they wanna lose more money

I think it is very much likely. Think about GDC. In the middle of the year Sony SWORE they were not cutting the price of the PS3. The first freakin day of the conference they anounce the price cut.

It is simple. SOny don't want people holding out on buying the system because of an inevitable price drop. They have always done it that way. This makes it highly likely. Also if MS actually pulls ahead of PS3 even a little bit this Christmas Season Sony is gonna super slash it hard.

I doubt MS will pull ahead of PS3 seeing as the 360 has been cheaper all along yet PS3 still sold more. Once PS3 drops its good night to 360. As well as 360's price cut wont even dent Nintendo, niether will Sony's.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

i forgot to add that ps3 is doing fine now, besides sony didn't cut the price in Europe when xbox360 dropped price, and it still done well.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Unless the prices of components suddenly go down, I wouldn't bet on it. There are some solid titles coming out, and irregardless of price, people will jump on board.

Now, if people stopped buying PS3s altogether because of the alternatives, than its time to reassess strategy, but currently, they are sitting alright.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

They aren't going to do more price cuts, they are just going to release more SKU's.