By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED: First Real Killzone Screenshot

Celb said:
leo-j said:
Celb said:
Its fake i have seen it before.

You have seen this image before?

That small one in the dark roon, i think its from PS2 killzone concept art or game movie scene. Or atlest its very similar to a old pic. Maybe they are messing with people.

I've heard that it's just a poster on the wall in the original Killzone game, as you can see in the top picture here:

http://www.weimage.com/out.php/i6017_killzonefinal.jpg

Around the Network
Pedro said:
Celb said:
leo-j said:
Celb said:
Its fake i have seen it before.

You have seen this image before?

That small one in the dark roon, i think its from PS2 killzone concept art or game movie scene. Or atlest its very similar to a old pic. Maybe they are messing with people.

I've heard that it's just a poster on the wall in the original Killzone game, as you can see in the top picture here:

http://www.weimage.com/out.php/i6017_killzonefinal.jpg

Uhmm that picture you posted is obviously a photoshop. the tape over the poster overlaps with what would of been visible in the original screenshot there is no parallax distortion that one would expect from a 2-D image on a 3d surface at an angle and the wall texture is bland. the gun is also blurier in that picture. I hope you posted that as a joke.

Now I know why his suite is so white. Looks like Haze uses blur for focus.

We will have to see it in motion, but at this point in time I would say that it doesn't look bad for a PS3 game but it doesn't look particularly good for a PS3 game either ...

Wow this looks amazing. True power of the PS3. 480p ! HOLY SMOKES! THIS IS TRUE NEXT GEN!!!

Ok seriously guys. You cant really see anything in this image, other than AMAZING lighting. Slighly polygonal, and some other odd effects. Sharp angles are obvious. However this is mentioned as a early engine build. So the fact Halo3 will look amazing maybe as good as Gears, yet the beta looks about the same as Halo2. I would say that this will look 8x better than the E3 2005 video.

Ok seriously, looks amazing. I want it still.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

That poster thing is fake man don't believe that stuff...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

later on the true results would be shown

OriGin said:

The lighting on the body is not fantastic, it looks all washed out and 'staggered' on the detailed areas, which show the fabric and clothing isn't volumetric and is a set shader or style of bump map... anyone can make creases here or there, it's definitely not that impressive.

Gears is far superior, I'd go as far as to think that even Lost Planet is in a similar league to this.

Haze looks far better IMO at the moment, again it's only one screenshot but as I have said previously also this game is going to cop a boat load of critique.

I've never been a Killzone fan before at all, but the original trailer blew me away and now i'm disappointed that it can't really do that.

Yeah it is too early but I can't help myself, I hope I am proven wrong!

I completely agree with you.  This is Alpha build so it can improve but right now it's certainly FAR below Gear's graphical standards.