By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sold out at some stores?

i think the NPD for july in Mid August will tell the whole story... hell vgchartz sales numbers for next week will tell the story..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It will be interesting to see the NPD data for July .

In any case ,it is clear that the PS3 at 499 is far better value that the Elite at 480 .Maybe people are coming to realize this .

"It is clear"?  That's news to me.   Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite? 

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

1.Ps3 has a Blue Ray driver for HD movies ....Elite doesnt .

2.PS3 has built-in wifi if you dont want to have all your house wired .....Elite doesnt (and cost 80 dollars to buy ) .

3.PS3 has a retrocompatibility with PS1 and PS2 that works very well ....the 360 retrocompatibility sucks .

4.PS3 has a free online service that at least allows you to play by internet without lag ...more than enough for most players who arent online-freaks .X360 and the Elite make you pay some 60 euros per year or 300 for 5 years .

5.PS3 doesnt break ,have 3 red lights know as the Ring of Death ,doesnt scratch discs ...etc etc .Elite has the same motherboard as X360 so it has the same problems .

6.PS3 has HDMI 1.3 while Elite only has the 1.2 .

7:PS3 can be connected to the PSP and be accesed by the PSP from anywhere with wifi .

8.PS3 has card readers ,Elite doesnt .

9:PS3 can use most PC keyboards and mouses and accesories ....X360 and the Elite have their own and expensive accesories .

All in all ,as I said before ,its crystal clear that the PS3 at 499 is a way better choice price-value that the Elite .

yea i agree... which is why i bought one in the 1st place

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

so it`s almost over..? =)
E3, and then PS3 owns? =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It's a bump, but in a few weeks we will see it go away. Although I must say, right now... god help us, the sales numbers for this this week are going to be massive. PS3 has a lot of back stock. ...

Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:

In any case ,it is clear that the PS3 at 499 is far better value that the Elite at 480 .Maybe people are coming to realize this .

"It is clear"? That's news to me. Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite?

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

2.PS3 has built-in wifi if you dont want to have all your house wired .....Elite doesnt (and cost 80 dollars to buy ) .

3.PS3 has a retrocompatibility with PS1 and PS2 that works very well ....the 360 retrocompatibility sucks .

4.PS3 has a free online service that at least allows you to play by internet without lag ...more than enough for most players who arent online-freaks .X360 and the Elite make you pay some 60 euros per year or 300 for 5 years .

5.PS3 doesnt break ,have 3 red lights know as the Ring of Death ,doesnt scratch discs ...etc etc .Elite has the same motherboard as X360 so it has the same problems .

7:PS3 can be connected to the PSP and be accesed by the PSP from anywhere with wifi .

9:PS3 can use most PC keyboards and mouses and accesories ....X360 and the Elite have their own and expensive accesories .

All in all ,as I said before ,its crystal clear that the PS3 at 499 is a way better choice price-value that the Elite

Whilst I agree with this for the most part, you're forgetting the most important factor GAMES.

360 library wipes the floor with the PS3 right now and that alone makes the Elite better value for the vast majority of people.

Around the Network
SpaceJase said:
Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:

"It is clear"? That's news to me. Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite?

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

All in all ,as I said before ,its crystal clear that the PS3 at 499 is a way better choice price-value that the Elite

Whilst I agree with this for the most part, you're forgetting the most important factor GAMES.

360 library wipes the floor with the PS3 right now and that alone makes the Elite better value for the vast majority of people.

so do you really think the ps3 is gonna keep its current game library forever??

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:

"It is clear"?  That's news to me.   Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite? 

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

All in all ,as I said before ,its crystal clear that the PS3 at 499 is a way better choice price-value that the Elite .

I agree with a lot of what you're saying in principle, but in reality I don't think it has much of an impact

The HD movies and card readers are great for the few people who care at the moment, but are pretty meaningless to everyone else

For a lot of people who care about the online capabilities (online gamers) would choose to have a wired connection anyways due to latency

Backwards compatibility is a great feature on paper (and can motivate people) but most people don't play many previous generation games on their system

The online services really don't compare all that well to eachother, the PS3 is free but not fantastic while the XBox 360's online service costs money but is pretty remarkable.

The PSP compatibility is only going to matter to a small segment of the gaming population who has (or will soon buy) a PSP.

What I am saying is the PS3 offers a lot of value over the XBox 360 Elite for you, but a large portion of the population will probably not see it the same way.

clandecyon said:
The PS3 has already failed at a $499 price as a game machine. The only thing that has really changed since the 20GB model was dropped was that Blu-ray has more or less won the format war. Most of these people have been waiting for this to happen to nab a Blu-ray player. This surge by no means will break into the casual market and will only last for a limited time.

Um then I guess the 360 has failed at the $300 price because the Core sells like absolute crap.

HappySqurriel said:
Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

I agree with a lot of what you're saying in principle, but in reality I don't think it has much of an impact

The HD movies and card readers are great for the few people who care at the moment, but are pretty meaningless to everyone else

For a lot of people who care about the online capabilities (online gamers) would choose to have a wired connection anyways due to latency

Backwards compatibility is a great feature on paper (and can motivate people) but most people don't play many previous generation games on their system

The online services really don't compare all that well to eachother, the PS3 is free but not fantastic while the XBox 360's online service costs money but is pretty remarkable.

The PSP compatibility is only going to matter to a small segment of the gaming population who has (or will soon buy) a PSP.

What I am saying is the PS3 offers a lot of value over the XBox 360 Elite for you, but a large portion of the population will probably not see it the same way.

Because you know I haven't heard a lot of 360 owners I personally know bitch about having to have a wired connection.  I know a lot of "hard-core" gamers who do all their gaming on wireless connections simply because it is more convenient.

You act like the Blu-Ray market will not continue to grow larger either.  It is something that and increasingly large number of people will use over time.  CD's weren't a smash when they came out.  DVD's weren't a smash when they came out.  But ultimately, they became the standard storage format for several years. 

Why does everyone complain about the PS3's online as well.  Besides in-game messaging (which future updates that let you access the XMB in game will fix), I can count on one hand the differences I have really noticed between the two.  I agree XBox Live is better, but $60 a year better? That is a lot harder to answer.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

URNotE said:
SpaceJase said:
Diomedes1976 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

so do you really think the ps3 is gonna keep its current game library forever??

Which part of "right now" did you not understand?

I'd love to be able to play the games in my 360 library on a more reliable console (aka PS3) but unfortunately that isn't an option. Until it is then I'll be forced to stick with the 360 for my HD gaming.