By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sold out at some stores?

Good to see the wii owners denying the sales increase and diminishing the impact of the price cut. Futureshop is pretty low on stock, check online.

There are plenty really good deals with the PS3 right now, not just the price cut but with br movies and with BR pretty much being declared the winner $500 for a consoel/HDplayer.

Around the Network

It is pretty hard to argue that it isn't a better deal than the Elite. The cheapest Blu-Ray standalone player you can get right now is $500. If you "don't want the Blu-Ray functionality", it is still there, and like it or not Blu-Ray will be the next format of choice.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

i believe it. the PS3 often sells out in my general area and the only reason there are no wiis to be found is because nintendo rarely ships them to create hype. and it works nintendo, but seriously how can a console that has less tek than my cellphone be so hard to make and ship, honestly. the faster they get the number out there the sooner i'll believe the hype dripping from the nntendo sales rep lipps.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It will be interesting to see the NPD data for July .

In any case ,it is clear that the PS3 at 499 is far better value that the Elite at 480 .Maybe people are coming to realize this .

"It is clear"? That's news to me. Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite?

Let me see, do you want 60 more gb space or a blu ray player? hmmm.... which one costs more or which one has more of a use....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

cgnobody said:
i believe it. the PS3 often sells out in my general area and the only reason there are no wiis to be found is because nintendo rarely ships them to create hype. and it works nintendo, but seriously how can a console that has less tek than my cellphone be so hard to make and ship, honestly. the faster they get the number out there the sooner i'll believe the hype dripping from the nntendo sales rep lipps.

If people still don't accept that Nintendo is under shipping the old tech of the Wii, they need a reality check. It's called marketting, ship enough to sell a lot but don't flood the market so the hype stays high cause of low availability.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Obviouosly sales will increase but All the BB's and CC's in my area show stock. EB/Gamestop shows 5 stores with 4+ and 1 with 1-3. Zip Code 84404.

I used to work at Gamestop, and the online function of the store was horrible! People would walk into the store asking for games that the store didn't have and asking for systems that we havent had in months.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Has anybody been to a Sony Style store?

I just went yesterday and they had lots of PS3s but the surprising thing is that they did not have a price tag up. I was looking to see if they had dropped the price but everything else (TVs, Laptops, etc.) had a price tag.

WiteoutKing said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It will be interesting to see the NPD data for July .

In any case ,it is clear that the PS3 at 499 is far better value that the Elite at 480 .Maybe people are coming to realize this .

"It is clear"?  That's news to me.   Just how is it so "clear" that the PS3 is better value than the Xbox 360 Elite? 

It is crystal clear .

Why ?Lets see .....

1.Ps3 has a Blue Ray driver for HD movies ....Elite doesnt .

2.PS3 has built-in wifi if you dont want to have all your house wired .....Elite doesnt (and cost 80 dollars to buy ) .

3.PS3 has a retrocompatibility with PS1 and PS2 that works very well ....the 360 retrocompatibility sucks .

4.PS3 has a free online service that at least allows you to play by internet without lag ...more than enough for most players who arent online-freaks .X360 and the Elite make you pay some 60 euros per year or 300 for 5 years .

5.PS3 doesnt break ,have 3 red lights know as the Ring of Death ,doesnt scratch discs ...etc etc .Elite has the same motherboard as X360 so it has the same problems .

6.PS3 has HDMI 1.3 while Elite only has the 1.2 .

7:PS3 can be connected to the PSP and be accesed by the PSP from anywhere with wifi .

8.PS3 has card readers ,Elite doesnt .

9:PS3 can use most PC keyboards and mouses and accesories ....X360 and the Elite have their own and expensive accesories .

All in all ,as I said before ,its crystal clear that the PS3 at 499 is a way better choice price-value that the Elite .

jjseth said:

I'm sure that somewhere some Sony exec's are high fiving each other with the early news on sales coming out.

They are high fiving because of sales, but at the same time they were hitting the panic button with the AWFUL interview that jack tretton gave on CNBC... I remembered the adventures of Dick and Jane when the stocks of the company were falling as the guy kept talking (even thou in the interview sony stock only fell like .21 percent.)