By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBLA: 3 Games this Week

“Shred Nebula”
“Shred Nebula” is bringing incredible graphics, blisteringly fast action, challenging levels and 8 person multiplayer to Xbox LIVE Arcade this week. The deep multiplayer space combat system with weapon vs. weapon counters, defensive maneuvers and special attacks takes this game beyond your average space shooter.

“Shred Nebula” also comes packed with 3 different modes of play: Adventure, Score Attack and multiplayer Deathmatch. For a real rush check out the split-screen guest live deathmatch and co-op score attack modes.

Developed by CrunchTime Games Inc, and published by Microsoft, “Shred Nebula” will be available for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

http://www.shrednebula.com/
“Pirates vs Ninjas Dodgeball”
In this fast-paced action game from Blazing Lizard, Pirates, Ninjas, Robots, and Zombies battle across unique arenas with one goal in mind... knock each other senseless with a rubber ball! Perform powerful special abilities, melee attacks and multiple throws to eliminate your opponents, and play through each team’s unique story mode to learn the truth behind their rivalry.

Of course, no dodgeball battle royale is complete without teaming up with your friends, so make sure you hop online and compete in up to 8-player, competitive matches over Xbox LIVE.

Developed by Blazing Lizard, and published by Gamecock Media Group, “Pirates vs Ninjas Dodgeball” will be available for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide and is rated E 10+ for Everyone over the age of 10 by the ESRB.
“Gin Rummy”
Players will need to strategically select the right cards to complete combinations of sets and runs, minimizing the risk of getting caught with a poor hand in all 6 of the challenging variations of the game. Knock out your opponent with high scores and bonus points, and video chat with players from around the world for endless hours of casual card game fun.

This version of Gin Rummy isn’t just a deck of cards…6 Popular Game Modes come packed in the game including, Classic Gin Rummy, Speed Gin Rummy, Oklahoma Gin, Hollywood Gin, Three-Hand Gin. You can event customize your own rules. And with 4 player multiplayer matches and Xbox LIVE Vision support, you’ll never go back to the normal card game again.

Developed and published by Sierra Online, “Gin Rummy” will be available for 400 Microsoft Points worldwide and is rated E Everyone over the age of 3 by the ESRB.

Finally, be sure to check out the downloadable content for “Poker Smash,” including a new in-game environment pack. The pack features two new action mode environments each with an original song, all of for the price of 100 Microsoft Points. New Gamerpics will be available as well.

Looks like a good week. Shred Nebula seems like a decent Subspace/SHMUP, Pirates Versus Ninjas Dodgeball...Meh. Gin Rummy is interesting, because it's only 400 MSP.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Three games in one week is unheard of! Since those Hardwood games dropped, at least.

I'm interested to see how Shred Nebula turns out. Looks like the only one I might purchase. Even though I want to like it, I can't really get psyched for Pirates vs. Ninjas. Gin Rummy... at least it's cheap, I guess.

I've been meaning to download Poker Smash since it released. The demo was nice, and that's some cheap DLC!

Pirates Vs Ninjas for the win here. Shred Nebula is going to have a hard time competing with Geometry wars 2...

In a little bit over 15 hours from now the Shred Nebula demo is mine.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

disolitude -

It's a good thing that Shred Nebula has 8+ player deathmatches, hunh? It's nothing like Geometry Wars.

Around the Network

Shred Nebula is a Subspace clone (doesnt anyone remember that PC online game?). Will try out the demo.

EaglesEye379 said:
Shred Nebula is a Subspace clone (doesnt anyone remember that PC online game?). Will try out the demo.

I still play Subspace/Continuum occasionally. I still have the demo disk for Subspace when it came out in the mid 90s. Fantastic team-based SHMUP.

mrstickball said:
disolitude -

It's a good thing that Shred Nebula has 8+ player deathmatches, hunh? It's nothing like Geometry Wars.

I heard about that. That will be cool... But single player looks like geometry wars with spiced up graphics and gun powerups to me.

I'll try the demo definetly but coming off geometry wars I don't think another shooter will hit the spot for a while. Galaga legions sure didn't...

Damn, I want to buy Shred Nebula, but I already bought Tales of Vesperia and 3 XBLA titles last week. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

^ Do what Sony said:
get a 2nd job. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k