By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis: Warhead Official Trailer!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysiswarhead/video/6196452/gc-2008-crysis-warhead-official-trailer?tag=;img;2

Theres a link to the gamespot video of the trailer.

Looks pretty awesome, I can't wait to get it!

And one thing I'd like to say, anyone who thinks that Crysis is only about the graphics and it's just a medicore game probably hasn't even played the game and if they have they didn't even take the time to complete it.  If you get Crysis expecting a medicore game then only play the first level or so that's what you might think it is just because you were believing that.  Really the game is more than just any other shooter and you have to get good and switching between suit powers quickly if you want to be really good, especially in multiplayer, plus the gun attachment and on the fly modification system is great.

But anyways check out the trailer and let me know what you think, anyone else here going to be getting the game?

PC Gamer
Around the Network

Ah, so we'll be playing as Psycho this time around? Didn't really like that guy.

As a side note, I just finished the single player and started on internet multiplayer for the first time ever for any game. Really terrible experience for me but I don't know anything concerning online multiplayer.

Im definately buying this :) I love the 1st Crysis so yea...

Cant wait for this will be a great way to test my new PC

Ickalanda said:

And one thing I'd like to say, anyone who thinks that Crysis is only about the graphics and it's just a medicore game probably hasn't even played the game and if they have they didn't even take the time to complete it. 

I think that Crysis is just an average game, with really medriocre parts, I owned it and I finished it... and sometimes I took my time to admire the beauty and the awesome engine working :)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Ickalanda said:

And one thing I'd like to say, anyone who thinks that Crysis is only about the graphics and it's just a medicore game probably hasn't even played the game and if they have they didn't even take the time to complete it. If you get Crysis expecting a medicore game then only play the first level or so that's what you might think it is just because you were believing that. Really the game is more than just any other shooter and you have to get good and switching between suit powers quickly if you want to be really good, especially in multiplayer, plus the gun attachment and on the fly modification system is great.

I bought Crysis, beat it, deleted it from my computer and sold it within a week.

It's crap*. Here are some of the many reasons why:

It has numerous technical glitches, including enemies that stand around doing nothing and events that won't trigger when they are supposed to.

It has serious design flaws, such as at the end of the game, when you are required to use a specific gun to kill the end boss. The gun is on board the ship, but as soon as you go on deck, the doors lock behind you without warning. If you don't pick up the gun, you can't go back and get it, and there is no indication that it is only way to kill the boss. I spent ages plugging away at him with other guns before finally resigning myself to the fact that I would be forced to load an old save.

The AI is shit, despite the insistence of some reviewers. The koreans don't flank or make intelligent use of cover, they just scatter about aimlessly, strafe shooting. The unimaginatively designed flying jellyfish are even worse. They just hover above your head, waiting to die.

Crytek claimed it would have replay value as you can approach the open levels in a variety of ways. You can't. You only have 2 options: you can go the main route, killing bad guys on the way, or you can wander aimlessly through the jungle doing NOTHING, except *maybe* activating your predator-style invisibilty if you happen to stumble upon a patrol. Furthermore, only the early levels are open. In the latter half of the game, it turns into a tedious corridor shooter.

Vehicles with piss-poor handling? Annoying.

Helicopters that can shoot you from any angle? Annoying.

Arbitrary death from falling objects? Annoying.

A nanosuit that is even more gimmicky and pointless than the one in Timeshift? Embarrassing.

This barely even scratches the surface of the problems with this game. When there are superior FPS like CoD4, Bioshock or the Orange Box around, there is really no excuse for buying Crysis. Unless you just want to put your GPU through its paces.

P.S. The first half of the game is by far the best. If people have only played the first level, they will have a rose-tinted view of the game. From the alien ship onwards it is really quite poor.

* Okay, it's not *that* bad, but it really only deserves 70-80 at best. And it only deserves that because the engine is so impressive.

Played_Out said:
Ickalanda said:

And one thing I'd like to say, anyone who thinks that Crysis is only about the graphics and it's just a medicore game probably hasn't even played the game and if they have they didn't even take the time to complete it. If you get Crysis expecting a medicore game then only play the first level or so that's what you might think it is just because you were believing that. Really the game is more than just any other shooter and you have to get good and switching between suit powers quickly if you want to be really good, especially in multiplayer, plus the gun attachment and on the fly modification system is great.

I bought Crysis, beat it, deleted it from my computer and sold it within a week.

It's crap*. Here are some of the many reasons why:

It has numerous technical glitches, including enemies that stand around doing nothing and events that won't trigger when they are supposed to.

I haven't experienced any of these issues mentioned but I have seen a few graphical glitches prior to the patch

It has serious design flaws, such as at the end of the game, when you are required to use a specific gun to kill the end boss. The gun is on board the ship, but as soon as you go on deck, the doors lock behind you without warning. If you don't pick up the gun, you can't go back and get it, and there is no indication that it is only way to kill the boss. I spent ages plugging away at him with other guns before finally resigning myself to the fact that I would be forced to load an old save.

I'm pretty sure it tells you to grab the gun before you leave but then again I don't remember exactly because I went ahead and grabbed it.

The AI is shit, despite the insistence of some reviewers. The koreans don't flank or make intelligent use of cover, they just scatter about aimlessly, strafe shooting. The unimaginatively designed flying jellyfish are even worse. They just hover above your head, waiting to die.

I agree that the AI isn't anything amazing but I wouldn't say it was crap, I have seen much worse and the AI at least actually puts up a decent fight sometimes and is reasonable, but you can definitely tell AI wasn't what they concentrated on.

Crytek claimed it would have replay value as you can approach the open levels in a variety of ways. You can't. You only have 2 options: you can go the main route, killing bad guys on the way, or you can wander aimlessly through the jungle doing NOTHING, except *maybe* activating your predator-style invisibilty if you happen to stumble upon a patrol. Furthermore, only the early levels are open. In the latter half of the game, it turns into a tedious corridor shooter.

I wouldn't know about the replay value of the game since I've only played through the single player once but the multiplayer is very fun and replayable so that's good enough for me!

Vehicles with piss-poor handling? Annoying.

Eh, I really didn't find it that bad but I know some people who didn't like it.

Helicopters that can shoot you from any angle? Annoying.

Yes I agree, those helicopters were way to good at finding you and landing shots dead on, they weren't insanely hard to kill though so it wasn't that bad.

Arbitrary death from falling objects? Annoying.

Not really sure about this one? I didn't experience it.

A nanosuit that is even more gimmicky and pointless than the one in Timeshift? Embarrassing.

I actually liked the nanosuit, one you got good at using it it could give a good advantage over players who don't have good control over it (talking multiplayer here).

This barely even scratches the surface of the problems with this game. When there are superior FPS like CoD4, Bioshock or the Orange Box around, there is really no excuse for buying Crysis. Unless you just want to put your GPU through its paces.

CoD4, Bioshock, and the Orange Box are all very good but I personally liked Crysis better than Bioshock and I played through the Orange Box games and CoD4 too long ago in comparison to make a decent comparison. I dunno I guess the game just really interested me.

P.S. The first half of the game is by far the best. If people have only played the first level, they will have a rose-tinted view of the game. From the alien ship onwards it is really quite poor.

* Okay, it's not *that* bad, but it really only deserves 70-80 at best. And it only deserves that because the engine is so impressive.

Ok thank you, finally someone who explains their reason for it being just a medicore game, most of the people I've seen just say "The game was medicore after the graphics I stopped playing after an hour" and that really annoys me.  I posted my responses to everything you had to say within your quote in the bold.

PC Gamer