By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New EA CEO says video games are "boring"

Legend11 said:
I'll try to change my writing style since people seem to think I was upset when I wrote my previous reply and I wasn't at all... I guess sometimes I come off as sounding too aggressive.

Step 1: Don't tell people their articulate, well documented argument is "complete bullshit." That will help a great deal

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

@Lingyis, the example I gave was a ridiculous over dramatization, aka joke =) but I stand by analogy.

@your mother, I forgot about TW, your right. Do you mean Fight Night on PS3?

vizunary said:
@Lingyis, the example I gave was a ridiculous over dramatization, aka joke =) but I stand by analogy.

@your mother, I forgot about TW, your right. Do you mean Fight Night on PS3?

TW is great. I haven't heard anything about Links, which had the upper hand against TW for some time, but I guess the TW brand was too much for Links...

I meant any Fight Night where they use the "Total Punch Control" - er, um... control scheme.

If you've tried it, you know it is a radical departure from any other boxing game, but it is easy to grasp, intuitive to play, and really makes you feel like you are controlling the player's movements as opposed to just pressing buttons that lead to specific punching animations.

Anyone who played NES games and then listens to someone talking about "how games are so complicated" have to call a little bit of bullshit on that remark.

NES games (and that generation in particular, not to exclude Sega and others) were, hands down, the hardest video games to ever grace the planet. No saves, impossible health bars, three lives (or less), the list goes on.

But it only had two buttons. While most of the games for the Wii make me nauseous because of their simplicity, I respect the fact that to draw in casual gamers, you need those games. I only hope that the new CEO of EA doesn't go Wii-crazy and decide that EVERY game needs to be dumbed down for the kid with cerebral palsy and a tendency for epilectic fits. We need a balance here, though I shouldn't expect much from EA. They stopped making games that catered to my tastes in the mid-90s.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Legend11 said:
I'll try to change my writing style since people seem to think I was upset when I wrote my previous reply and I wasn't at all... I guess sometimes I come off as sounding too aggressive.

No hard feelings, Legend11.  You had some decent comments in your response. You just might want to keep Bodhesatva's advice in mind for the future.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

In my opinion EA won't make much profit from Wii either , because Nintendo kills all thirdparty competition with their super strong first party titles .
Casuals won't buy as much software and buy more mainstream , then hardcore gamers - mainstream for Ninty consoles is Mario and not EA .

^^ Nintendos first party games only kill third parties that do a crappy job in the first place, third parties are just catching on to the Wii, Ubisoft and Capcom are already making good money, Nintendo didn´t crush third parties in the NES and SNES days, you can have your oppinion and stick to it, I´m just tired of hearing that Nintendo is bad for the industry because they make good games, does Nintendo bring a AAA title every month ??? Are all 8-9 million Wii owners casuals ??? why is RE4: Wii edition selling well ??? You just can´t blame Nintendo for doing what they do best, good third parties will catch up and earn money, others will just have to get lost, thats capitalism, or life, or evoluton.