By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ads are becoming NSFW

This is in no way a jib at the website but a gentle message to the website owners/mods that:

The ads are becoming much less tasteful and one or two has become NSFW (not safe for work). I am specifically talking about the one which has the ladies in skimpy bikinis in various positions and the breast enhancement one.

Now I understand that VGChartz needs ads for revenue and has a revenue model like every other website, but if it gets worse, it may hinder some users from accessing the website at work and may affect traffic.

I cant speak for everyone and I would be happy to listen to what other members think, but it will certainly affect me during my worktime and I will start to think twice before accessing it at work (when until now I have had no reason not to).

Around the Network

Not to mention I'm suddenly becoming bombarded with a ton of speaking ads telling me all the free Wiis that I've won. I think ioi should seriously consider switching ad providers.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

firefox

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Neos

Most workplaces do not allow you to install software.

EaglesEye379 said:
@Neos

Most workplaces do not allow you to install software.

they don't? hmm.. well that makes it another case then i guess..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

WHAT WE HAVE NSFW ADS HERE !!!

*Disables ad-ons and refreshes page*

edit : liar :(

@Million

It doesnt appear on every refresh as its on a cycle, but it does appear. In fact as Im writing this post, Ive had to minimise my browser to half the size to avoid it appearing just below this on my current page.

Even if you are using Firefox, you're not giving the site any ad impressions, which means every refresh, every thread, topic, etc, is not giving ioi any money.

(That's why Firefox + AdBlock = Win is a bannable offense.)

I do agree though, an ad overhaul is needed.

EaglesEye379 said:
@Million

It doesnt appear on every refresh as its on a cycle, but it does appear. In fact as Im writing this post, Ive had to minimise my browser to half the size to avoid it appearing just below this on my current page.

I totaly see what your talking about now.

DMeisterJ said:
Even if you are using Firefox, you're not giving the site any ad impressions, which means every refresh, every thread, topic, etc, is not giving ioi any money.

(That's why Firefox + AdBlock = Win is a bannable offense.)

I do agree though, an ad overhaul is needed.

This is only true if you're using adblock though. Firefox by itself won't block ad impressions.