By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS buys Chronotrigger

The story was then removed at both sites. Most likely a database error but could be removed because of embargo from onthexbox.com I would love that really

Around the Network

Ah **** I hope not, I am not buying a console for 1 game, especially since odds are it won't be as good as the first (not even as good as the second probably).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I hope that they make a new Chrono game for 360. For the following reasons - I trust Miswaker to make a GOOD version of it...Moreso than any other studio, even S-E. Downloadable content would be great for a game like this It'd immensely help the 360 in Japan, and give it more great J-RPG titles. I own a 360. Really, I do hope they do it, as a Chrono game hasnt come out in what? 8 years? We need a new one, regardless of platform.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This just seems stupid to me. If SE consider this a valued franchise, they wouldn't sell it (maybe allow MS to license the name, and develop a game for the 360 - which SE would have the option to publish). If its not a valued franchise, MS shouldn't have bought it... unless they have been tricked into it (in the same way they bought RARE). If its true, looks like more desperation on the part of MS to catch up in Japan. Good luck to them...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hmm would be a good marketing move for MS. What I am asking, if Chronotrigger would be great with 3D graphics and ported on the 360? Games like Fable or Jade Empire work well on the X-Box but I can't imagine Chronotrigger on it. But that's me.

Around the Network

AninParadX said: Hmm would be a good marketing move for MS. What I am asking, if Chronotrigger would be great with 3D graphics and ported on the 360? Games like Fable or Jade Empire work well on the X-Box but I can't imagine Chronotrigger on it. But that's me.
?? Final Fantasy went 3D

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

AninParadX said: Hmm would be a good marketing move for MS. What I am asking, if Chronotrigger would be great with 3D graphics and ported on the 360? Games like Fable or Jade Empire work well on the X-Box but I can't imagine Chronotrigger on it. But that's me.
Yup - you said it. "Marketing Move". Doesn't have anything to do with a good game (they could in theory make exactly the same game without the license... right?) - but this could buy them more sales in Japan if it works out.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

If it does happen, I wonder if it will include the rights to the OLD titles? Might be designed just to bring the old games to XBLA - and prevent them from being released on the VC/PS3 service.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

This is a hoax posted on a fake IGN clone website: http://www.freewebs.com/xdox360/articles/765/765536p1.html

Haha it'd take an explosion as big as a nuclear bomb to help MS out in Japan. And seeing that WW2 is over, Japanese hate MS, and Blue Dragon didn't help shit for MS in Japan it's not gonna happen. OH and Chrono Tiger being bought by MS... well I'm going to say that's a no go.