By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

Resident_Hazard said:
SHMUPGurus said:
trestres said:
@PSRock: No, not just 1 person, check the amount of people that entered the thread and said things like "My Wii lives in my closet and I never visit him!" or "My Wii collects more dust than my vacuum cleaner." And you can tell they don't even own a Wii for that purpose.

OT: Anyways this is the fanboy excuse this year. But next year, seeing that there is a huge amount of good games coming out (a lot of "core" games too), what will be the fanboy excuse or hate reason?

Haters, start thinking about one, cause it will be very difficult to find any.

I don't think you can call it hating. Maybe ''expecting something better'' is the right term, but every console had it's ''not highly anticipated games'' time anyway. Remember the PS3 at launch? Look at this Christmas's line-up, it's insane. Remember the Xbox 360... Errr, not sure when, but you still get the point? ;)

I've been saying that for a while.  Neither the Xbox360 nor the PS3 had very memorable launches.  The Xbox360 suffered from rampant RROD problems and most of the games barely looked any better than the original Xbox--if at all.  The PS3 saw a plethora of revisions of SKU's coupled with several high profile titles all failing to meet the high standards set for them, like Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc.  The Wii is the only one of the current gen systems that actually delivered a killer app (Mario Galaxy) it's first year.  It was a year and a half before X360 saw Bioshock and Gears of War, and a year and a half before the PS3 saw MGS4.  By the year-and-a-half point, Nintendo had already launched another killer app with SSBBB.

The PS3 also saw a massive dry streak shortly after it's launch in which high profile titles kept getting pushed back and most of the titles were little more than ports from Xbox360 and/or PC.

Haha, yeah, I totally agree with what you said. But you know, as gamers, we're always asking for more and more. Nintendo delivered us so many great games in such a short time span, so how can they even think about staling the process this Christmas? I hate them for that! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
swyggi said:
trestres said:
@PSRock: No, not just 1 person, check the amount of people that entered the thread and said things like "My Wii lives in my closet and I never visit him!" or "My Wii collects more dust than my vacuum cleaner." And you can tell they don't even own a Wii for that purpose.

OT: Anyways this is the fanboy excuse this year. But next year, seeing that there is a huge amount of good games coming out (a lot of "core" games too), what will be the fanboy excuse or hate reason?

Dude, take a chill pill.  There have been plenty of people coming in here and just giving their honest opinions.  If you don't like, leave.

* Takes a chill pill * ...  ... ... * Makes no effect * Oops I was calmed, so of course taking a chill pill was unnecessary.

You see, I wasn't calling out anyone in particular, but I'm warning the haters about the future. If you took it personally then you must know the reason.

Follow your own advice, take a chill pill.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
swyggi said:
trestres said:

Dude, take a chill pill.  There have been plenty of people coming in here and just giving their honest opinions.  If you don't like, leave.

* Takes a chill pill * ...  ... ... * Makes no effect * Oops I was calmed, so of course taking a chill pill was unnecessary.

You see, I wasn't calling out anyone in particular, but I'm warning the haters about the future. If you took it personally then you must know the reason.

No YOU take a chill pill! >_<

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Hawkeye said:
iamfanboy said:
SaviorX said:
Hey, the N64 didn't have a lot of support, but at least the support there was top-notch.

I think you nailed it. Those games were and to me still are very memorable. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent playing WCW Revenge, Goldeneye, and Zelda.

Yep, thats it. Wii has alot of good games, but its no fun going to the store and seeing 2-3 old good games, 1 new good game, and a mountain of junk. There are good games, but they are hard to find.

N64 had mostly great games like Goldeneye, Harvest Moon 64, Perfect Dark, Mario 64, Zelda, Majoras mask, Star FOx 64, Kirby 64, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Doneky Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros, Diddy Kong Racing, Blast corps ect. True there were some "filler" games like SBK, Battle Tanx, Vigilante 8, and Quest 64, but there wasn't a mountain of crap like there is for the Wii...

There are plenty more I can add to your list such Turok 1/2, San Francisco Rush 2049, Rogue Squadron, Hydro Thunder.  I listed three to hide my viral marketing but thanks for taking the heat off me :)

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

I'm bored of my Wii. No games interest me that are coming out. I need first party luv

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
@Resident_Hazard

What games did you own on the N64? It seems like you hated it.

Did you have siblings/neighborhood friends to play it with?

I actually took it to the Student Center at college every now and then (yes, I was in college during the 5th generation) and we (me and some guys from my course) would play multiplayer games on the big-screen TV from time to time.  I really liked it at the beginning, but it's near endless dry streaks, lackluster games, and often offensive graphics caused my interest to wane.  I still have all my N64 games, actually.  They are:

Body Harvest
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Cruis's USA
Doom 64
Extreme G
Goldeneye007
Mace: The Dark Age
Paper Mario
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
StarFox64
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2
Vigilante8

As you can probably tell, I pretty much stopped buying games for it about halfway through it's lifecycle aside from Turok 2, Vigilante8 and Conker's Bad Fur Day (which I bought for $6 brand new after the GameCube was released).

I moved onto the Playstation, though only ever amassed a puny 3-game collection that included Tekken 3, Final Fantasy VIII (which I hated), and Legend of Legaia.  Oh, and I had a pile of demo disks for all sorts of other Playstation crap. 

I think, in part from the dismal performance of the N64 and it's lackluster support, and my intense impatience with loading times, the 32/64-bit generation ended up being scarred as the one I cared the least for.  About this time is when I started collecting Transformers, because Beast Wars was roaring in high gear.  The GameCube (and to an extent, the GBA) is actually  the system that brought me back into the gaming fold.

...hey wait a minute, I thought I had 17 N64 games...

Of my non-handheld game systems the Wii was the first one I got this gen. I upgraded my PC about half a year or so later, which is my most-played system, and then bought a PS3 a couple months ago. I haven't regretted purchasing the Wii, lost interest in it, or disliked it. HD gaming isn't a replacement for Wii gaming. Just a compliment.

trestres said:
swyggi said:
trestres said:

You sound paranoid.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

swyggi said:
trestres said:
swyggi said:
trestres said:

You sound paranoid.

They are after me! I can't take it anymore!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yes, all the time.

Between WiiFit and swinging my arms all over the place for WarioWare, I get very loose.

Oh, whats that? The question should have been "am I losing interest?" Oh, no, I'm not.

No MarioKart? SSBB? Boom Blox? Some WiiWare titles, like World of Goo, LostWinds, or Final Fantasy? Try getting some games.

Or at least WiiFit. Then we can all be loosened up together! Maybe get some dancing on (DDR: Hottest Party 2 comes out soon).