By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HDMI cable question

I was wondering what you all thought about them, should I get the cheap ones or the expensive ones?

Does it even make a difference with the PS3?

Around the Network

Cheap, there is no difference in visual quality.

go for the cheap ones you can purchase from amazon

cheap no difference

Do you think any company still makes cables in versions before 1.3a? I ask because I just bought a set which says up to 1080i, which is bullshit because all HDMI is 1080p or more. Do you think the packaging is just full of shite (Irish spelling) or is the cable only compliant with earlier versions(but still PS3 compatible)?

Around the Network

monoprice.com

/thread aka get the cheap ones

Cheap ones. You can turn on the RGB to FULL instead of having it on limited. Also you can turn on Super White, if your TV supports it of course.

you can get one on ebay for 5 dollars probably less and it's the top of the line HDMI 1.3b 

Don't go and spend $50 on a HDMI cable there's no difference between a 5 dollar one and a 100 dollar one

wow i went to best buy the other day and the cheapest ones were like 80 bucks and then i got to thinkin what the [oint of one little bit of resolution higher for 60 bucks

so i would say just get some component cables for like 20

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

you should buy HDMI over component tho.

any at amazon i bought my HDMI cables for 1.99 each and they've been working fine at 1080p