By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In America- Why? 360 vs. Wii/PS3

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!.........

Around the Network

ya i think developers focus on the 360 version of games dunno y

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

M$ has money.
Money makes advertising.
Advertising makes games sell.

forevercloud3000 said:
As a Gamestop employee I can tell you it is a little bit of both. Partially the relationship with the console company and other half bias. In my store, Nintendo rep is always in our store promptly whenever we need something. If one of there system displays is broken they fix it fast. MS is not as quick but still pretty fast. Our 360 system has gone RROD about 4 times since I have worked there. They are sure to replace it when it does. Everytime a big game comes out though managers at most stores play the new game in the 360 instead of the PS3. MADDEN for instance. Madden is multiplatform but most managers at gamestop dont bother with the PS3 version but instead only display the 360 version. The PS3 in my store personally has had the same demos since launch on it till recently.

In short Sony is not quick when it comes to getting the games advertised for there system, they only do it every blue moon. MS and NIN are much more prompt with it. Add a little bit of store bias in there and it comes to one company or the other getting overshadowed.

Nice inside perspective. So it's Sony's own damn fault? Or would biased managers make it already too late now, even if Sony changed their act?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Soriku said:
forevercloud3000 said:
As a Gamestop employee I can tell you it is a little bit of both. Partially the relationship with the console company and other half bias. In my store, Nintendo rep is always in our store promptly whenever we need something. If one of there system displays is broken they fix it fast. MS is not as quick but still pretty fast. Our 360 system has gone RROD about 4 times since I have worked there. They are sure to replace it when it does. Everytime a big game comes out though managers at most stores play the new game in the 360 instead of the PS3. MADDEN for instance. Madden is multiplatform but most managers at gamestop dont bother with the PS3 version but instead only display the 360 version. The PS3 in my store personally has had the same demos since launch on it till recently.

In short Sony is not quick when it comes to getting the games advertised for there system, they only do it every blue moon. MS and NIN are much more prompt with it. Add a little bit of store bias in there and it comes to one company or the other getting overshadowed.

1. Madden on the 360 sells the best...not so surprising.

2. The 360 is seen as the patriotic console, and football is the most popular sport in the US, so, again, not so surprising.

the ironic part is... its made in China

Around the Network

To be fair the PS3 only has a few games woth mentioning.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

^ Ha ha ha Right on!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

US is M$ territory but Wii is slowly turning that by 09 you should start seein a dent in only 360 hype

"Like you know"