By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Version Of PlayStation 3 To Go On Sale In August

Oh, and for those early adopters steaming mad about this? You knew this was coming. You knew the price of being first, and you paid it willingly, just like you have with every other piece of electronics for the last 20 years. Don't even pretend you didn't know, because the world has been screaming it at you since day 1.

And guess what? It's going to happen again. In 6 months or a year there's going to be another price drop and another boost to the HD size. I just thought you'd want to know... this way you can get an early start practicing your indignation so those of you who buy today can put on a really good show when it happens. Rabble rabble rabble!

Around the Network

Sony will also lower the price of the PlayStation 3 in Canada to C$549, not bad since it was 700 before.

I don't see much of a reason to be upset about the price dropping unless you bought one recently (like two weeks ago). That's usually where research comes in.

theshoe23 said:
NJ5 said:
theshoe23 said:
For the LAST LAST time, the 20 gig sold great. They just didn't make enough of them for people to BUY THEM!!!!

Not according to Sony:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/11/r-i-p-playstation-3-20gb-is-officially-no-more/

When I see someone saying a sentence starting with "For the LAST LAST time", I expect them to have thoroughly checked what they're about to say. Apparently, it isn't always the case. Can we stop spreading this myth now?

Come now, do you honestly think any company would admit to poor sales, they pulled that model because it was costing them too much to sell. Period. End of story!

By the way, I'm just joking around, but that (what I said about the 20gigger) was always my assumption.

:)

That's effectively what they did when they said the 20 GB model didn't sell. I'm not going to deny reality!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957