By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Back to the past: Crysis vs. Haze - Closer than you think.

HappySqurriel said:
LOL MATURE said:
HappySqurriel said:
LOL MATURE said:
Fernando said:
Dolla Dolla said:
What?

Uh ... screenshots/bullshots don't do games justice anymore. Gotta see it in motion. And, I think it's safe to say that, Crysis wins hands down.

I know... this article was released before Haze release. It was compared to Crysis and it was also called a Halo killer. lol.

Link to when it was called a Halo killer?

Why don't you just google it?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%2Bhaze+%2B%22halo+killer%22&meta=

Uh.... Have you seen that list? I don't see anywhere in that list that people say it was a halo killer...

YouTube - HAZE supposed to be the next HALO killer

Was the very first result, and there was over 11,400 results so it is highly likely that if you looked throug a couple of pages you would have seen dozens of people claiming Haze was a Halo Killer.

Please click on the video.

Its a Haze trailer. And TeamXBOX is on the bottom right screen. Also nowhere does it claim in being a Halo killer. And "Haze suppose" =/= "Haze will be" or "Haze is going to be"

These results I see are from 360 fanboys saying "Lol everyone was saying it was suppose to kill Halo LOL" (Just like that video) but I don't see anywhere where people said that. On top of that I asked for a link. Why would I sort through your google search?

Around the Network

LOL MATURE

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25607165

Even the PSM magazine said that.

Fernando said:
LOL MATURE

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25607165

Even the PSM magazine said that.

Again. No one claimed it being a Halo Killer. Someone said it said it in a magazine and no one confirmed or denied it said that. And since I dont have the mag I can not check that. Thats why I asked for a link. Not a link to something that says something else is. A link that says it is.

Why is this so hard to do? I mean even if you find a link now it doesnt matter since you made it seem like everyone was raving about it being a halo killer.

HappySqurriel said:
LOL MATURE said:
HappySqurriel said:
LOL MATURE said:
Fernando said:
Dolla Dolla said:
What?

Uh ... screenshots/bullshots don't do games justice anymore. Gotta see it in motion. And, I think it's safe to say that, Crysis wins hands down.

I know... this article was released before Haze release. It was compared to Crysis and it was also called a Halo killer. lol.

Link to when it was called a Halo killer?

Why don't you just google it?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%2Bhaze+%2B%22halo+killer%22&meta=

Uh.... Have you seen that list? I don't see anywhere in that list that people say it was a halo killer...

YouTube - HAZE supposed to be the next HALO killer

Was the very first result, and there was over 11,400 results so it is highly likely that if you looked throug a couple of pages you would have seen dozens of people claiming Haze was a Halo Killer.

Haze being a Halo killer was not popular opinion , the fact that some people had that opinion is meaningless.

Million said:

Haze being a Halo killer was not popular opinion , the fact that some people had that opinion is meaningless.

I think it was more popular than you think ...

Since Haze was announced it was one of the games that was constantly included in the "100% Guaranteed AAA Multi-Million Selling Games" lists that people like to create. Whether more moderate PS3 fans held this opinion is unknown, but they tend not to be the most vocal about these types of things anyways.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Million said:

I think it was more popular than you think ...

Since Haze was announced it was one of the games that was constantly included in the "100% Guaranteed AAA Multi-Million Selling Games" lists that people like to create. Whether more moderate PS3 fans held this opinion is unknown, but they tend not to be the most vocal about these types of things anyways.

If it were so popular why have I yet to see a link?

This just sounds like damage control. Nope, no one ever said haze would be a halo killer, or that Lair was going to end the wii's dominance, or that Heavenly Sword would begin Sony's return to the throne, or ect ect ect. Just about any high profile game is touted as one if not all of the above. trying to produce evidence that anyone said any of those things would be hard, but it doesn't change the internet's attitude at the time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
This just sounds like damage control. Nope, no one ever said haze would be a halo killer, or that Lair was going to end the wii's dominance, or that Heavenly Sword would begin Sony's return to the throne, or ect ect ect. Just about any high profile game is touted as one if not all of the above. trying to produce evidence that anyone said any of those things would be hard, but it doesn't change the internet's attitude at the time.

Link?

LOL MATURE said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Link?

Perhaps a bit of googling by yourself is in order.

There is a reason why people on here who aren't PS3 fanboys always make the joke "PS3 Domination begins..." when something bad happens to the console, that'd be because like vagabond said, every high profile game released thus far was given that responsibility and none have lived up to it. Hence the jokes.

I'm pretty sure there's a sig floating around here that lists (and crosses out) all the events/games that was supposed to give PS3 the dominance PS1 and PS2 enjoyed.

Anyway, personally I had high hopes for Haze, more for the fact that I dislike Killzone 2 and those 2 were two of the more high profile FPS this year (or was supposed to be this year in KZ2's case). I think the whole "it's from the dudes that made Goldeneye!" hyping up was a bit naive, seeing as how Golden Eye had one analog stick vs the 2 on the PS3 (one of many reasons why I didn't trust the fact that X person was making it).

I have them both, and the graphics for Haze are aweful! Even on a HD-TV, and Crysis which i play almost maxxed out and it looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

This shouldn't have even crossed anyones mind when making up such a conclusion.