By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The bottleneck Sony is in might be REALLY good for gamers....

Eyepet instead of Eight Days is their strategy to gain more software sales.

Around the Network
swyggi said:
mesoteto said:
nin has been in that boat since the launch of the wi, and it hasn't led to stellar games in general so why would this be different

Nintendo makes money off of their hardware as well.......

sorry i thought you ment since they were bottled neck and couldnt get hardware out they were going to have to keep software going strong and get more AA and AAA games out...my bad

@mesoteto

Don't worry about it

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Phrancheyez said:
It's getting really old how many people are bunching their panties up over Eight Days..the game was more than likely going to be horrible anyway. You have enough games that are almost identical to it.

QUIT CRYING. If that's all you're going to do, sell your PS3 and buy an XBOX 360. I'd rather play with gamers when I get on PSN, not whiners.

Actually you are wrong.

Sonys exclusive action adventure list

1. Ratchet

2. Jak

3. heavenly sword

4. uncharted

5. God of war

Each game has sold in the millions and were highly received. (i own and love them all) I see no reason so far why you would say this knowing sonys history on action adventure games. Im looking for  these games more then any other and i dont see why you would label this game as Horrible  when A. we no nuthin about it B. sonys list is pretty much the best in action adventure.

3. heavenly sword--well received, this is talked about almost in the same hush tones Lair is, but the rest of the list does look good

Around the Network
xman said:
I am just hoping the pressure to make money dosent make Sony and MS change there model were they have to make money on both the console and the Games. I like having a high end gaming system

Both models will change...or at least sony's definitely will. Stringer openly states admiration for ninty's model. That speaks volumes.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Dno said:
Phrancheyez said:
It's getting really old how many people are bunching their panties up over Eight Days..the game was more than likely going to be horrible anyway. You have enough games that are almost identical to it.

QUIT CRYING. If that's all you're going to do, sell your PS3 and buy an XBOX 360. I'd rather play with gamers when I get on PSN, not whiners.

Actually you are wrong.

1. Ratchet

2. Jak

3. heavenly sword

4. uncharted

5. God of war

Each game has sold in the millions and were highly received. (i own and love them all) I see no reason so far why you would say this knowing sonys history on action adventure games. Im looking for  these games more then any other and i dont see why you would label this game as Horrible  when A. we no nuthin about it B. sonys list is pretty much the best in action adventure.

Insomnaic, Naughty Dog, and Sony Santa Monica make great action games.

Sony London, however, does not. 

I think the bootleneck is only because they dont want to produce more units with the current cost of it ...they must have in the works the reduction in nanometers for both GPU and CPU and the blue diodes keep falling so they prefer to stick to the current production (that makes them lose some money for units sold) and hold the increase in production when those upgrades arrive.

Diomedes1976 said:
I think the bootleneck is only because they dont want to produce more units with the current cost of it ...they must have in the works the reduction in nanometers for both GPU and CPU and the blue diodes keep falling so they prefer to stick to the current production (that makes them lose some money for units sold) and hold the increase in production when those upgrades arrive.

Not only that but retooling the the manufacturing process even to swap part isn't free and can't be done instantly (term contracts, etc.).

Sony can't just push a button and upgrade things.  They need to negotiate with new providers or existing providers, modify their current processes, or even adopt new ones.  All of that is going to have cost and overhead attached to it as well.

*puts on Captain Obvious hat* They'll likely upgrade when they can and when it's cost effective to do so.

Dno said:
Phrancheyez said:

Actually you are wrong.

1. Ratchet

2. Jak

3. heavenly sword

4. uncharted

5. God of war

Actually, I'm not wrong.  Think about it - you may have just proved my point.

Maybe - just MAYBE theres a REASON that Eight Days was canned.  Just MAYBE they thought themselves that the game didn't live up to their standards in terms of action adventure.  They don't want to say 'Hey, this game sucked so we canceled it, sorry guys!'  They come up with another excuse..and EyePet is that excuse.  Do you HONESTLY think if the game was coming along nicely that they'd just cancel it?  For some casual game that's simple as EyePet, when they could have simply postponed it until that was done, or if they felt like it really was good - kept it going?  Think about it dude...