By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiimote refuse to connect

after i quit playing a game and my wii is returing to the wiimenu my controller goes of (sometimes it stops the blue light but returns after i come in menu). when i press the a button to put it on it will blink but after 10 seconds go of, this happens with 4 lights (but i found out that were the batteries) but also wioth the 1 light.

this happens with controller 1 and 2.

sometimes when i enter a channel like the newschannel this happens also. the only method is to reset the wii.

not that this is a harsh faillure it annoys me that i have to stand up every once in a while (i know just lazy) but if the problem isnt that big wich i could fix that would be better :)

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

Around the Network

never had that problem with my native wiimotess, but sounds kind of like when friends bring over their wii's and did a temporarily synchronization.

so try synchronizing the wiimotes the "permanent" way (holding down the red button on the inside of the wii and then the red button in the inside of the wiimotes... follow instruction in the manual or look up online) and see if that solves the problem.

the Wii is an epidemic.

1. try to sync your controller through the Wii Home Menu if you have another controller that still connects. Press the Home button and then click on the remote. This usually works when something like that happens.

2. Manually sync the controllers by removing the battery cover and pressing the sync buttons on the remote and the Wii.

3. Try removing the batteries and then manually sync the controllers if 1 and 2 don't work.

first thing to try is to replace the battery.

did you sync it correctly??? thats a problem i had when i first did it..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

Sometimes when I enter a channel it'll tkae up to a minute for it to load then my controller comes on. This happens rarely but it happens.

Soemtimes also I turn off the console and then all of a sudden my controller aint' synced anymore so have to sync it. Takes afew tries but you'll get it. This happens so rarely that it's really not much of a problem. Usually happens when I use the remote or Wii alot then switch to a new wiimote while the other one charges.

Zucas said:
Sometimes when I enter a channel it'll tkae up to a minute for it to load then my controller comes on. This happens rarely but it happens.

I've had that happen to me a few times, usually going from VC games for me, and yeah, it usually just takes a minute.  I could have swore I saw a reasons or a fix for this somewhere at some point, but can't remember where I saw it.  I'll try to look later for it and post a link if I can find it.