By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Stringer: We Can't Make Enough PS3s

So, if England was invaded, this guy would have to suit up and go to war for his country, as he's been knighted. Talk about the first lemming to die.
"I may not be trained in military combat, but I have great accuracy in Resistance, so you shouldn't have been able to kill me in real life!"

=D

Around the Network

I don't doubt that there are supply issues, but I think that has to do with Sony stopping production of one model and undersupplying it to clear channels before they release a replacement system.

vaio said:
xman said:
They sound like MS with the supply cant meet demand I remember when MS was saying that. The PS3 is an awesome machine I am just worried that both MS and Sony are looking at Ninetendo saying they make money on each console maybe next gen we should.

Why would that worry you? Next gen maybe the consoles will be affordable for most people and that is a good thing for both us consumers and the companies economy.

Agreed. Hopefully too Sony, and Microsoft will end this different sku nonsense they started with this gen.

...But, what I think Xman may mean...not to put words in his mouth...But he's concern that the two companies won't try and PUSH the market. Cause it can't be about graphics became that becomes a wash at a certain point.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Dolla Dolla said:
Uh ... in the black? That would imply they've made back more money then they've lost, and from that quote about the loss, doesn't sound like they'll be making 3 billion anytime soon.

You do not know how business accounting works do you? When a company talks about being in the black that means that their income is bigger than their current expenses for the current quarter or more commonly current account year. The money they lost last year or the year before where booked in those years accounts, which is why their accounting was in the red those years.

@Lafiel:

Did Sony have non-gamers? No.
This man called Wii a niche gaming device catered to these same people not to long ago.

STFU and stop making a fool of yourself.This is clearly damage control.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
Uraeus said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Uh ... in the black? That would imply they've made back more money then they've lost, and from that quote about the loss, doesn't sound like they'll be making 3 billion anytime soon.

You do not know how business accounting works do you? When a company talks about being in the black that means that their income is bigger than their current expenses for the current quarter or more commonly current account year. The money they lost last year or the year before where booked in those years accounts, which is why their accounting was in the red those years.

True... except last quarter they made a measly $50 million.... and that includes PS2 and PSP, so I don't quite understand how they are "in the black" last quarter with the PS3 business (which is what Diomedes said)

Yet he said they are making more money with PS3 games than they lose with hardware, so that would imply they are in the black (for the quarter).... but the last quarter numbers don't seem to reflect that at all. (PS2 business should be making them masses of money... it hasn't had a pricecut in ages... and PSP is supposedly profitable)
So unless it was spin? and he in fact meant "games" as in all PS games rather than just PS3 games?

We are already making more money with the games than we are losing with the hardware

-> hardware includes PS3, PS2 and PSP.
-> software includes PS3, PS2 and PSP games.

They loose more on the PS3 hardware than they do on 'hardware' (PS2+PSP hardware profits - PS3 losses). Add the profit from PS2, PSP and PS3 games and they have a small profit as you could see in the results of last quarter.