By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does anyone else miss the stars?

I used to live on NE coast of England in a small village called Marske. When I left my local pub I would walk down to the beach each night to look at the starts, even alhougfh it added about 500m to my walk home. I felt that when I could look at the stars there was something more going on then I could possily understand. This made me excited for the future. Now I am bakc in WC Scotland I have noticed something. I can no longer see the stars at night. No matter what time of day or night it is. I livel in a small village called Cleland at the very edge of the residential areas but I can't see many stars anymore. This upsets me somewhat. I was wondering how people in the big cities felt sinceI guess ou no longer see the stars at all.

Around the Network

I'm in Calgary (1 million), and I like looking at them, and not that long ago, I lived in Sackville NB (5,000), and liked looking at them. I suppose once I live in a place where I can't see them, I will miss them, till then, I'll just shake my fist at those ones who dare try to shine brighter than the others around them.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I live in a "residential" part of Melbourne (about 30min from the city), and have no issues seeing the stars. Not as bright as when I lived in Canberra (urrgh), but still there.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

yeah you can see the stars OK from my house - 10 miles from downtown austin tx. But you can REALLY see them from my girlfriends house - 20 miles from downtown.

The best stars I have ever seen are A) Sailing @ night off the coast of Puerto Rico and B) Between Dallas and Austin (~100 miles away from each city)

Yeah, I wish I could see more of them at night.  The light from the city (Washington DC area) makes a lot of them invisible.

The most beautiful night sky I've ever experienced was while on Lake Powell in southern Utah.  There is nothing for miles and miles, and they sky was just brilliantly lit up with stars and shooting stars.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)