By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo did wrong...

What do you think Nintendo did wrong that it lost the 5th and 6th generation?

I think its cause there 3rd party support sucked. And that was because they choose the super expensive cartridge over the cheap CD with the N64. And then in the 6th gen there were millions of playstaion users that bought the next one..

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

Nintendo never does anything wrong.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

you already said it, but i think they lost the 6th gen because they started it way too late and couldnt get the support they needed

cough* fanboy!!! cough*

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Restrictions placed on 3rd parties
Fear of Piracy, causing selection of cartridges over CDs

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
16-bit gamer said:

cough* fanboy!!! cough*

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Lack of 3rd party support killed the N64, Gamecube suffered from the sins of the father really because it did fix the main issue with the N64 (media type).

Then there was the media choices, when the world adopted CD's and DVD's Nintendo stuck with the cartridge and mini-dvd thing.

5th Gen: Nintendo had to support the N64 itself with its 1st and 2nd party games.

6th Gen: Nintendo dident do anything wrong expet not make the Gamecube able to play 12mm dvd's

yeah the third party thing, what do u think wil kill nintendo next time?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Its difficult to say for sure ...

Even though there were lots of problems with the N64's hardware, I would say that the biggest problem was that Nintendo alienated third party publishers; had third parties been on board they would have released their big games on the N64 and the hardware problems wouldn't have been an issue.

The Gamecube seemed to have corrected all of the hardware problems Nintendo had with the N64, and they seemed to have made a (pretty good) effort to repair their damage with third party publishers. The problem Nintendo had with the Gamecube is their first party release list wasn't agressive enough, and the image of the Gamecube was of a low power children's toy which hurt its sales.