By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "13 year old Dutch boy sues Microsoft"

StanGable said:
That video is hardcore Sony's money work. Newsworthy stories would never cover anything videogame related for that long, not even stories of violence in videogame! So there you go Sony tools, Sony spends its billions on dollars trying to scare customers away from MS instead of conserving their exclusives!

Are you on drugs?  If so witch one?

Around the Network

^lol

MikeB said:
mrstickball said:
Is it even legal for a 13 y/o to sue a company in the Netherlands?

Also, why is it that you only post news to attack MS, MikeB?

His dad is probably doing the sueing for him, read my post.

I have been through RRoD and I know how stubborn, mis-informative and unhelpful Microsoft's support staff can be. I think RRoD and disc scratching are serious issues hurting the console industry's reputation as a whole. But you already knew this or didn't you?

Oh? I found the support staff to be fine it couldn't be your over exaggerating.. No couldn't be that. As to the scratched disks I have never seen it or had any friends experience it. Its rare just to be safe maybe people should use the 360 in the horizontal position.

I'm going to chime in and say that my experiences with microsoft support have been extremely positive. Suing over something so trivial is ridiculous.

gebx said:
I can't wait till the xbox 720!

I think MS learned a valuable lessons this generation. I expect the Xbox 720 to be one of the most reliable consoles in gaming history with a 3 year warranty to boot.

*chuckles*

360 wont last till 2010 and microsoft will be out of the gaming industry ! why do u think the 199.99 xbox 360 is here so soon ? 360 sales are way down , too many technical problems . its there final fight for survival , its sad , but this move is a self dug hole that will bury them.

(FYI all) im not planning on buying another xbox 360 anymore , ive done my homework its not worth it anymore

Around the Network

To the boy's defense, disc scratching on the 360 is not a rarity. Some recent quotes from just VGChartz members, just the first 20 comments from 20 unique individuals I came across:

1) segajon (08/07/2008): "I put the game in it started to load and bam I heard an akward noise. I opened the disc tray and the game was correctly placed in it so I know it wasn't my fault. The disc now has a wonderful circular scratch all round the disc."

2) kutasek (08/07/2008): "The same thing happen to me with mass effect. It scratched my disc and then I've returned it to my local shop and after getting another copy of the game, it got scratched again by my xbox so i've changed the game for uncharted."

3) bbsin (08/07/2008): "Happened to my MassEffect dvd (360 was horizontal), the sound reminded me of a fax machine. Use a DVD lens cleaner, it should prevent your 360 from scrathing disks again."

4) youjiro (07/6/2008): "... or more accurately i should say my games. Over the last couple of weeks my 360 has turned into a serial killer and started to kill off some of my games. I bought a couple of xboxs games not too long ago and didn't have a chance to play them until recently. first it happend with saints row, a friend came over and wanted to have a go at it, we played for a bit and left it for a couple days. the next time i tried to play it again it didn't go past one of the loading screens, no matter how much I try it it doesn't go past the loading screen. This also happend with kameo a couple of days ago, same problem, doesn't go past any loading screen, and i also tried to load lost odyessy disc 1 and the same problem happend, altough when I load my currect disc 4 it was fine, and all my other games are fine... for now."

6) flagship (07/06/2008): "I've had this same problem with xbox games, Oblivion and Mass Effect. For some reason my 360 loves to scratch up those games while everything else remaind undamaged."

7) Riachu (08/10/2008): "The disks get scratched like that if you move the 360 while the 360 is running and the disk is still in there. That's happen to me twice. First for Guitar Hero II and again for Rock Band"

8) outlawauron (08/11/2008): "Happened to my Gears disc too."

9) elgefe02 (06/19/2008): "My Xbox just scratched my Marvel Ultimate.... I hate that machine... well not really"

10) CaptainPrefrences (03/05/2008): "when i had my xbox 360 last year, it made a circular ring scratch on my gears of war and halo 3 disc. i was so pissed, and in january i sold my 360 and picked up a 40gb ps3. i cant tell you now i can see my face like a mirror in my ps3 cod4 disc."

11) Dianko (03-05-2008):"Assassins Creed completely destroyed. I know the pain of the scratch, furious maiden that she is."

12) WaSuMaRa: (03/05/2008) "Yep it has happened to me, actually 2 out of my 3 games I have have been scratched (But it was because my dog came running in and tumbled down my xbox while I had it in vertical position, and the first time I didnt know and I moved the console and it got scratched)"

13) Astrodust: (03/05/2008) "My first 360 did. I'm onto an elite now with no problems. Knock on wood."

14) Saddle (03/05/2008): "Yes, my previous Xbox360 has. It scratched my Halo3, but Microsoft gave me a new one, when I send my Xbox to repair and they change the DVD-drive. I haven't had problems after that. My brother's 360 just scratched his Devil May Cry 4, and Microsoft isn't gonna compensate it. Now he's trying to get a new one from the store where he bought that...Hope that works."

15) yungmagic09 (03/05/2008): "My madden 07 and oblivion but that's it."

16) __XBrawlX__ (03/05/2008): "^Same here

My friends have had discs that are non readable because their 360 scratched them."

17) coolestguyever (05/11/2008): "I was enjoying a nice gaming session of some GTA4 and what do you know? my 360 starts making a funny sound, then i get a message saying disk is unreadable. I take out the disk and look at it...and its scratched to shit."

18) OT7 (05/11/2008): "Well,if this gives you some consolation,you're not alone in this,a friend's 360 scratch his Dead Rising disk,and another one his Halo 3,the sad thing is all of us live in Mexico and the warranty is a shit in my country,so they had to bought another copies."

19) Dallinor (05/11/2008): "Well that's certainly annoying.

A friend of mine had his Gears Of War CD scratched to pieces, I think he might have tried to move his 360 while he was playing it though."

20) Strategyking92 (05/11/2008): "actually, just yesterday I did the same thing and one of my favorite games (crackdown) got a cirlce around it and now it's unplayable."

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

no wonder us europeans and japan dont like this company.

M$ should have done a complete recall and redesigned of the 360 within months of launch. Instead they just ignored the problem and stuck a few band aids on it and hope most people wont find out about it, until its to late.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

see, that's why microsoft sells so much 360's. a single person has to get 4 of them. lol

gebx said:
I can't wait till the xbox 720!

I think MS learned a valuable lessons this generation. I expect the Xbox 720 to be one of the most reliable consoles in gaming history with a 3 year warranty to boot.

Don't expect to much from Microsoft. They could have fixed the xbox so that people see the RROD nevermore. But the RROD is still a big problem for the customers. At the beginning MS even denied that there is a problem although they already knowed about the xbox flaws. Shortly before a lawsuit from customers got through they magically increased the warranty.

Look at Windows. Every new version has more technical flaws and security issues than the old one. Vista is a joke and a slap in the consumers face, and so is the xbox. But there are obviously enough lemmings who buy Vista or the Xbox because they are not informed.