By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China has 50 Gold Medals!! Ha. U.S has 36

well.... I was talking about actual "born in the USA" americans, or people that actually live in america, all the time.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Well Australia has won 14 Gold medals (46 in total) and are in 6th position and we have only 21 million people. Not too shabby me thinks although this is less than in Anthens and Sydney.

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Antwerpen said:
MrBubbles said:
yeah...when you force children to practice one sport everyday for their whole lives, they tend to get good at it. and china still had to cheat to get some of those medals.

And that happens like everywhere in the world?  Most of the times when parents find out that their child is good at something they force they child very hard (You have a DR Phil episode about it).  And everywhere children are suffering because of it.

starting a child in a sport at a young age (evne with some of the more agressive parents) is not the same as sending a child off to some place where most of their day is spent training.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Antwerpen said:
MrBubbles said:
yeah...when you force children to practice one sport everyday for their whole lives, they tend to get good at it. and china still had to cheat to get some of those medals.

And that happens like everywhere in the world?  Most of the times when parents find out that their child is good at something they force they child very hard (You have a DR Phil episode about it).  And everywhere children are suffering because of it.

The government institutionalizing it is a lot different than the the parents doing it themselves.  Particularly when the kids don't see their families but once a week and their regiments, diets, lifestyles, etc.. are dictated to them from a very young age.

Either way I agree with you 100% that regardless of how it happens children being forced into it is wrong.  And it happens far more than it should.  It is honestly something the IOC should look into.

To Each Man, Responsibility

there were also a number of other complaints made in some of the other sports(most about inappropriate judging) , the gymnast ones are the only ones to gain any traction because of how obvious it is to everyone.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

there were also a number of other complaints made in some of the other sports(most about inappropriate judging) , the gymnast ones are the only ones to gain any traction because of how obvious it is to everyone.

Complaints get lodged back and forth all the time at the Olympics, its nothing new.  It's hardly a reason to discredit the performance of an entire nation worth of athletes.

To Each Man, Responsibility

they are known to have previously cheated. the country has low moral and ethical standards(comparative to our own countries). they have created government documents to assist their cheating. there was at least one match, that im aware of, involving incorrect judging involving a chinese athlete where their win was taken back and given to the real winner. and i find the amount of gold compared to other medals suspicious. so i believe it highly probable there was a lot of cheating we arent aware of.
and i find the unethical way they train their athletes more than enough reason to discredit all of them. how am i supposed to respect someones achievements when they have been forced to do that by their government.

Sqrl said:
Antwerpen said:
MrBubbles said:

The government institutionalizing it is a lot different than the the parents doing it themselves.  Particularly when the kids don't see their families but once a week and their regiments, diets, lifestyles, etc.. are dictated to them from a very young age.

Either way I agree with you 100% that regardless of how it happens children being forced into it is wrong.  And it happens far more than it should.  It is honestly something the IOC should look into.

1) First of all I don't think it is the government who decide it but probably the National Sport departement. 

2) Now you almost sound like that they are picking children from the street and say ' You will be a runner and you will be a trampoline professional.

I think it is really no that much different in other countries.

A child from around 5-6 is interested in a sport and will join a sportschool...;Around the age of 10-12 She/he may do some state/province competitions the child wins it and then gets a professional coach for her alone.  She/he will attend matches through whole the country (and if your parents both work) well then their is the possibility of not seeing her/him for weeks; 

And about the diets/lifestyles isn't that normal?  If the child/teen his/her dream is to be the best of the world she will do anything to accomplish that and if she/ don't well their others we will do it.  Only I want to add hard discipline is typical Asia.  It is the same for Japan, South Korea etc....

MrBubbles said:
they are known to have previously cheated. the country has low moral and ethical standards(comparative to our own countries). they have created government documents to assist their cheating. there was at least one match, that im aware of, involving incorrect judging involving a chinese athlete where their win was taken back and given to the real winner. and i find the amount of gold compared to other medals suspicious. so i believe it highly probable there was a lot of cheating we arent aware of.
and i find the unethical way they train their athletes more than enough reason to discredit all of them. how am i supposed to respect someones achievements when they have been forced to do that by their government.

Are we going that way?  How can I respect country that dropped two atomic bombs on Japan that affected/killed a lot of Children.  How can we respect a country that is still killing people in Iraq?  Etc;.

What will be next?  At the next Olympics in USA... FREE USA! GIVE IT BACK TO THE NATIVE AMERICANS!

RCGENK said:
MrBubbles said:

How can I respect country that dropped two atomic bombs on Japan that affected/killed a lot of Children. 

How can we respect a country that is still killing people in Iraq?.

whos asking you to?  its not even my country, so i dont know why you are bringing it up.  

although the nukes were hardly worse than the great amount of atrocities commited by the japanese during that conflict and the losses of life were far less than what would have been if they werent used.

and if you have an issue with someone killing terrorists and people who want to destroy the democratically elected government of that country that says a lot about you....and nothing very good.