By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO - Lag Is Pathetic

I used to absolutly love MGO... now it just completely frustrates me... the lag is so bad I swear its pathetic at some points. So many times ive unloaded my M4 onto someones head and somehow they turn around and kill me with a pracically instant headshot even though they should be obveously downed... I love knifing in MGO but lag also in this department frustrates the hell out of me... ill play knifing games and out of nowhere someone will grab me from 10ft+ away. So is anyone else having this problem with the lag in MGO ? I always wondered how much better my k/d ratio would be if I got the kills I should of had and not the deaths I ended up getting instead.All in all im so frustrated because a game like this shouldnt lag to begin with, so many years and so much money put into producing it and you get a lagfest... Maybe if Konami actually used the PSN this problem would of never occurred in the first place.

Around the Network

i never lag when i play.sucks to be you i guess.

Check your internets thingy!!!! D=

Lol. Check your internet settings and router. Also if you have vonage or use torrent Clients...... using those the same time will indeed leave you playing in Lagger mode.....

4 ≈ One

Games lag if you have slow broad band speeds. Guess you need to spend more and get Cable.

In some places in the developed world you get slow broadband at ridiculously high inflated prices.

North America, Japan and Europe have the best broadband at affordable prices. Countries outside have slow broadband at inflated prices due to having crap networks.

The lag can be pretty bad sometimes...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

United States have lots of people to play online games with. Smaller countries have crap online where there are few people to play against and the broadband speeds are really slow.

MGO in general is just frustrating. The actual gameplay's pretty decent, but all the hoops Konami set up is ridiculous. It really goes to show how the Japanese really just don't get online.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

KZ2 said:
Games lag if you have slow broad band speeds. Guess you need to spend more and get Cable.

Not always true, during the dreamcast days they had relatively lag free online with 56k connections. It also depends on connection strength and proximity of the people you're playing with, not just speed.

I do have cable... i also have 10 other games, 8 of which go online... this is literally the ONLY GAME I have that lags.

I feel your pain, i've played many online games, and CoD4 is the one that screws up for me, most times my ping is perfect and thats when the game lags the most, it drives me insane. Having a ping around the middle in CoD4 is the best, maybe there is a sweet spot like that in MGO and you just get screwed.

Just keep leaving the lag games, and you will find a lag free game sooner or later.