By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - does that worth 550$ and is it good enough to play recent games

Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3.0ghz
mother board Asus P5KPL-VM
2 gigs RAM DDR2 800mhz
hard drive 300 gig 7200rpm
Nvidia Gefore 8600GT OC
keyboard and wireless mouse from Microsoft
DVD 18x
power supply 450 watt
boitier noir avec coter transparent style cube
monitor 17" CRT Viewsonic Optiquest

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

looks like a Microwave...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

well is it a good gaming mirowave?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

If it's running Vista + latest games, some more RAM might be necessary.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

yes, it will play every game very well. But if you change the GPU to atleast a 8800GT, it will be very worth it and you'll have a killer machine.

Around the Network
shio said:

yes, it will play every game very well. But if you change the GPU to atleast a 8800GT, it will be very worth it and you'll have a killer machine.

how much would that cost me brand new or used?

Vaza said:

so vista is that laggy? wath if i use xp?

I recommend XP anyways, and that video card is a tad outdated. Other than that is looks fine and I'd say it is worth 550$ as long as it is easily upgradeable.
Some would say "But-but the DX10!!", which is bull, there are not many visually impressive games that make full and good use of DX10 yet and those who do would tax your gpu and RAM too much anyhow.

Remember to cover soup and stuff, or your gaming will be covered in beans and sauce.

chapset said:
Vaza said:

so vista is that laggy? wath if i use xp?

From my experience Vista is not laggy at all but I think you should wait for someone who has more knowledge then I do. I have about the same things in my pc but the games I have played on it aren’t very graphically heavy…

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(