By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (7/5)

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! (DS) : abuot 15k

Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol (DS) : about 15k

Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3: Kitaguni hen (PS3) : about 15k

source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

Newses :

There is no plan to cut the price of PS3 in Japan, Sony said.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

No wonder there is no plan to cut the price of the PS3 in Japan, because it currently costs around $400 already.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

thanks y-koron.
how were the expectations for those games?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
thanks y-koron.
how were the expectations for those games?

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! has been remarked for some people. And it is not expected to become popular.

First week will be about 20k.

First day of Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol isn't so bad (GC version was total 120k). But we can think it's a liitle bad however Nintendo ran the commercial.

First week will be 25~30k 

Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3 is in very severe situation. For SCEJ, it is a hope to break the difficult campaign. But this number shows that it is not leading force of PS3...

First week will be about 30k 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Is this game 'Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3' big?!... Cause it seems to come from internal development teams from Sony... Which would indicate that it isn't a 'small' game.                 

Cause if it is big... This is yet another awfull sign of great games not selling 'great' on a failing system (With failing i mean lacking in high Hardware sales)... Sony fans... I know how you guys are feeling right now! Gamecube had tons of good games that didn't sell :'(...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Is this game 'Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3' big?!... Cause it seems to come from internal development teams from Sony... Which would indicate that it isn't a 'small' game.

Cause if it is big... This is yet another awfull sign of great games not selling 'great' on a failing system (With failing i mean lacking in high Hardware sales)... Sony fans... I know how you guys are feeling right now! Gamecube had tons of good games that didn't sell :'(...

Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 2 was sold more than 500k (includes cut-down version).

This is large sales figure in PS2 (about 50th in VG list)

It's a typical, cute cartoony Japanese game, so therefore it's quite popular. Even I get a romantic feeling when I see the screens of the game. The game is mostly targeting on younger gamers though, so I guess if this kind of game would have been released on say a WII, it would have sold a whole lot more.... but that's to mention that the most PS3 owners right now in Japan are more like "hardcore" gamers, who're not really fond of a "boku no natsuyasumi" (= my summer holiday), or am I wrong?

Am curious how next week sales will go with DQS. Still no signs of reviews in Japan? EGM and 1Up are to me not the most objective and reliable sources to depend on.

Oh by the way, thank you for the link with the interview in your famitsu topic ;)

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

That game is most know as My SUmmer Holiday in Occident .

It isnt doing well if it sold 15K first day ,maybe it will do 30-35K units ,but it will be enough to be in the Top Ten .

Lets see if PS3 sales can increase for the second consecutive week (this one 12K units ) .

davygee said:
No wonder there is no plan to cut the price of the PS3 in Japan, because it currently costs around $400 already.

60k yen = ~500$, noob.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
davygee said:

60k yen = ~500$, noob.

In Japan they will be releasing a Hot Shot Golf 5 bundle for both the 20gb and 60gb models.

The prices are as follows:

20gb package - 51,980 Yen ($420 or £210)

60gb package - 61,980 Yen ($500 or £250)

Fantastic prices at the moment seeing as the 20gb model in the US has been discontinued and not even released in Europe, so a $100 reduction in the US will bring the cost down to a comparable $500 for the 60gb.  So there is no reason why the UK price cannot be reduced to even £299, but will it???? I doubt it...I reckon it will come down to £349.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)