By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve: Sony, Microsoft Looking to Charge Gamers for Team Fortress 2 Updates

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

What exactly is the content? Are we talking maps? New classes?

you have no idea yet we talk about it every major update >.<

last update: http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/

"We" does not equal you and me. "We" equals you and the people you discuss it with that obviously doesn't include me since I'm asking you and it's obvious through my post history that I don't game on my PC and just the other week I mentioned how I don't own the Orange Box so no need to go squinty eyed just because I'm not knowledgable about everything PC's and....(takes a breath)...much better.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

"We" does not equal you and me. "We" equals you and the people you discuss it with that obviously doesn't include me since I'm asking you and it's obvious through my post history that I don't game on my PC and just the other week I mentioned how I don't own the Orange Box so no need to go squinty eyed just because I'm not knowledgable about everything PC's and....(takes a breath)...much better.

ok. now... tell me, is that not a large as heck update? for free.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

jman8 said:
Maybe the free burnout content has something to do with the fact that Burnout is going to be released on the PSN as a downloadable game. Maybe EA and Sony agreed to allow free DLC only if the game is offered for full downloadable release. It's possible, although I still feel Valve is just bullshitting to get fans to like them more. Sympathy card FTL

Your theory is way off. The 360 got the same stuff for free as well, and Burnout isn't going to be downladable on XBL

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

ok. now... tell me, is that not a large as heck update? for free.

It looks huge, good for fans and I can't argue with free. I know Microsoft is more used to publishers like Namco that want to nickle and dime you for every little piece of DLC they offer. That mentality is probably what causes incidents like this when a developer wants to offer major content for free. Hopefully they can at least get it down to $5 so it doesn't break banks.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

What I don't understand is why Gabe seems so proud of the fact that they released four patches in one day

I would have thought that having a more stable game that doesn't need four fixes in one day would be much better PR for a company.

Of course, I'm assuming Gabe was talking fixes here, not additional content, which I think is awesome.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:
What I don't understand is why Gabe seems so proud of the fact that they released four patches in one day

I would have thought that having a more stable game that doesn't need four fixes in one day would be much better PR for a company.

Of course, I'm assuming Gabe was talking fixes here, not additional content, which I think is awesome.

you realize Valve supports all their games including the ones released 10+ years ago. The patches were probably for all different games at once. There are always ways to improve stability on newer hardware, balance online games, etc.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Spankey said:

you realize Valve supports all their games including the ones released 10+ years ago. The patches were probably for all different games at once. There are always ways to improve stability on newer hardware, balance online games, etc.

Oh ok.

I kinda got the impression somehow that he was talking about four fixes in one day for one program.

My bad.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

ssj12 said:
Spankey said:

I hope that's true. Four updates in one day on a single game is a bit rediculous. It doesn't help with how vague and proud he's sounding with that comment either.