By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Silent Hill Homecoming Coming to Steam in September

Silent Hill Homecoming, the fifth story in Konami's Silent Hill franchise, will be heading to the PC along with hitting the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

The game will be available as a digital download through Steam and is expected to launch in September.

In Silent Hill Homecoming you play as Alex Shepherd, who returns to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his brother and the strange occurrences taking place around town. Shepherd's story takes him from his childhood home to the streets of Silent Hill, as searches for his missing brother.

This latest Silent Hill will feature a graphics overhaul, new combat system, new soundtrack and, of course, plenty of new weapons.

http://kotaku.com/5039461/silent-hill-homecoming-coming-to-steam-in-september

So a simultaneous release PC/360/PS3. Looks like Konami is finally getting how PC works.

EDIT: It's not coming just to Steam, by the way. It will ofcourse have a PC-DVD release, and probably coming to non-Steam DD services too.

Around the Network

Isn't silent hill owned by konami?  Nvm you fixed it. :P Anyway I'm not expecting it to be as good as the first or second games in the series, but It might be. I'll see how it turns out before I get it on consoles or pc.

It's actually November now (For all).

shio said:

So a simultaneous release PC/360/PS3. Looks like Konami is finally getting how PC works

Not before time, either. I believe they're currently developing their games on the PC and porting to the consoles, so hopefully this will be not only the defnitive version but also playable with a mouse/ keyboard rather than requiring a joypad as well.

na, i like to have the disk so i think i will pass

Around the Network

So buy the DVD instead- it's not an exclusive Steam release.

I'm just surprised a japanese publisher actually went ahead and decided to release the PC version on the same day as the Consoles.