By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamereactor reviews Too Human - 4/10

kn said:
So how do we have this, a foreign review, and the review from a Greek magazine as such polar opposites? 93 vs. 40... After reading some reviews, I get the impression that some of the reviewers didn't play the game all the way through and/or never gave it a chance. The demo irritated me until I figured out how things worked. I liked the gameplay but the menus, controls, and interfaces bugged the hell out of me until I figured them out and got accustomed. I wonder how many of the official reviews of this game are reviews after having played it all the way through... I can't count how many posts I've seen with the same impression: "WTF!" at first and then "Wow, once I got it all figured out, this game is awesome...".

Oh well. It gives PS3 fanboys something to post about in the MS forums. They need payback for Haze (that one hurt a bit) and Lair (that one REALLY stung).

Congratulations on being one of the few to post an informed decision, since you actually played the demo at least.  

Around the Network
mysticD said:
DMeisterJ said:
Haze hype was on a downward slope after IGN's preview late in 2007.

Too Human's was equal throughout the whole year, but has been going down only as of late.

Once Haze was delayed both times the hype was gone.

Where you get that from?  Only Sony fanboys try to make this game to be something that it never was.  Only hype that I read was from egotistic Mr. Dyack.   I remember walking into GameStop last year and told me about Too Human and I was like Too what?? Never heard of it.    When I did some research about the game every forum I go to (NeoGaf , TXB etc) everybody was bashing the game and/or Denis Dyack.  All preview from all the pod cast all saying it was "ok" at best.  Even 1up Garnet Lee who is usually semi-pro Microsoft said he lost interest in the game after an hour.  So I am not sure where you get this "big" hype from.  If you want to talk hype then wait until Fable 2 or Gear of War 2 get crappy score then you can said hype game fail on Xbox like Lair and Haze.

Anyway can we just have one thread on Too Human review ... or just make one thread sum up Too Human failure.

Fable 2 has hype?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
mysticD said:
DMeisterJ said:
Haze hype was on a downward slope after IGN's preview late in 2007.

Too Human's was equal throughout the whole year, but has been going down only as of late.

Once Haze was delayed both times the hype was gone.

Where you get that from? Only Sony fanboys try to make this game to be something that it never was. Only hype that I read was from egotistic Mr. Dyack. I remember walking into GameStop last year and told me about Too Human and I was like Too what?? Never heard of it. When I did some research about the game every forum I go to (NeoGaf , TXB etc) everybody was bashing the game and/or Denis Dyack. All preview from all the pod cast all saying it was "ok" at best. Even 1up Garnet Lee who is usually semi-pro Microsoft said he lost interest in the game after an hour. So I am not sure where you get this "big" hype from. If you want to talk hype then wait until Fable 2 or Gear of War 2 get crappy score then you can said hype game fail on Xbox like Lair and Haze.

Anyway can we just have one thread on Too Human review ... or just make one thread sum up Too Human failure.

Fable 2 has hype?

It had better, since you're manning the hype machine. Get cracking, starcraft!

@ MysticD

Anecdote is not the plural of data.

Anyone who hasn't heard of Too Human has been living under a rock for literally ten years.

^ I think you mean, "Data is not the plural of anecdote."

Though both are true, obviously!