By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next-Gen Eyetoy Game to be Revealed at Sony Presser

GC08: “Next gen” EyeToy game to be revealed in Sony presser today

August 20th, 2008 @ 07:08

VG247 has learnt this morning that the “next generation” of EyeToy is to be shown in the Sony press conference at Games Convention today.

We weren’t told what the game would be specifically, but we do know Sony considers the reveal to be a significant part of the conference, which takes place at the show at 5.00pm CET.

Sony’s press conference is leaking a little this morning, with a Gamekyo story based on a sneak look at a run-through of the event yesterday revealing that a new version of SingStar it to feature heavily in the presentation.

We’ll be bringing you the conference live.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network

PS3 Fit?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:

PS3 Fit?

I was thinking that it could be Eyedentify but if it was ps3 fit that would be cool

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Bobo012893 said:
Spankey said:

PS3 Fit?

I was thinking that it could be Eyedentify but if it was ps3 fit that would be cool

The picture kind've gave it away. :P

Spankey said:

PS3 Fit?

I think you mean Eyetoy: Kinetic 2.

Also, the heading says a new Eyetoy game, but the main body of the article says a new Eyetoy. I would be a lot more interested in the latter. Camera-based motion control with advanced pattern and colour recognition will definitely supercede accelerometers and gyroscopes in the future.

Around the Network
Played_Out said:
Spankey said:

PS3 Fit?

I think you mean Eyetoy: Kinetic 2.

Also, the heading says a new Eyetoy game, but the main body of the article says a new Eyetoy. I would be a lot more interested in the latter. Camera-based motion control with advanced pattern and colour recognition will definitely supercede accelerometers and gyroscopes in the future.

Awesome! And I wouldn't even have to wave a PS3mote around

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Actually, it looks like the game will be EyeToy Play: Hero.

It will bring 1:1 motion controls for a swordfighting game to market before Nintendo does. Unfortunately, it will only be in 2 dimensions. A second camera would be needed for 1:1 controls in 3D.