By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Actual numbers on Wii household use

Well, i guess this would indicate that game developers for the Wii are blind, stupid or are way too interested in secondary Wii players instead of primary. Ofcourse this is all Nintendo's fault. Secondary players really get up there in the age brackets, good to see i guess.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/primary-wii-gamer-in-us-households-is-young-males-ndash-magid/?biz=1

For Gimmebanana, here u go, the part i missed

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

This just proves that the Wii is kiddy.

Just pre-empting the spin.

These numbers would be much more interesting with similar research for other consoles. I don't have a good basis of comparison for these demographics.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

what about the other consoles. if theres nothing to compare it with then how are we supposed to know if it has any significance?????

obieslut said:
what about the other consoles. if theres nothing to compare it with then how are we supposed to know if it has any significance?????

Correct.

Edit:

Look at the column on the left.

<12 = 19%

12-17 = 26%

18-24 = 24%

25-34 = 15%

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

obieslut said:

Well, if 49% of the primary Wii gamers are 12-34 males, that's enough to outnumber the PS3's entire userbase.  I think that holds some significance...

Of course, it'd still be more interesting knowing the demographics of the other two consoles.

Around the Network

I dont have other consoles. What i have is evidence proving that theories regarding what the Wii audiece actually looks like is all bull.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'll say this, 27% of primary and 45% of secondary are still very high percentages of female gamers. Only the DS has a higher percentage than that.

Average age though isn't as high here as previous surveys gave.

But this is in line with what I've seen anidotely. Parents like to buy it for their kids because they like to use it too.

i get dizzy reading chartz but i will say this
i know alot of ppl (frendz and familyz) that dont even touch there wii anymore

@gimmebanana

i know a lot of people in Poland who had bought a ps3 and they stopped using it due to little amount of good fresh games.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

megaman79 said:
I dont have other consoles. What i have is evidence proving that theories regarding what the Wii audiece actually looks like is all bull.

Yeah, because you make up 3/3rds of the wii's audience.