By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales ps3 on the rise and wii falling!

There is seriously no logic to this thread.

Let me break it down for you (at the OP)

The Wii will lead this generation, there is know denying it.
That does not mean your PS£ sucks, if anything the PS£ is an excellent console, lets move on

Is this crap going to keep happening through out the whole generation? Wii outsells everything for the whole year and one or 2 month hits where it sells less than it has before, but still outsells everything, and you get some sort of fanatic claiming another console is on the rise?

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

@S.T.A.G.E.
Your trolling and balant ignorance is not needed here. You can take that somewhere else.

Came`on fanboys, I´m a Ps3 owner and would never buy a wi for my sake(maybe for my girlfriend and my sister, maybe), but we have to admit that wii is going too win this gen. The ps3 is figthing against x360, not wii. If you take a look at the games database above, you´ll see that the majority of wii top sellers are wii exclusives, that means that people who buy wii, buy it to play wii games only. Off course there are some harcore gamers among the wii owners, but they are relatively few.
And a week is not a trend, x360 was better than ps3 in the last 3 weeks and yet didn´t overcame the monthly ps3 numbers. So wait till ps3 is selling at 299 to claim that wii is finished, if that (ps3 at $299) ever happens.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Onimusha12 said:
obieslut said:
well what can i say. its a slow month every year around this time. but i do find it a shoch that the Wii has had a downward trend so fast.

wonder how long it will take for dmand to pick back up

Your pointed wording makes me laugh.

The Wii is supply constrainted, not demand constrained.

my ass is it.

production of the Nintendo Wii has ramped up so if the numbers are getting lower it can not be supply. it has to be the demand of the product.

You cant be serious, Nintendo is producing more then ever, but shelves are still empty it's so simple.

Around the Network

The fad is over.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Lolcislaw said:
You cant be serious, Nintendo is producing more then ever, but shelves are still empty it's so simple.

shelves are so empty that they are only selling 70k a week. sorry but na, if they can sell  160k Wiis in europe  and keep the shelves in decent stock then why can they not do the same for the us.

This supply argument is full of fail now in my opinion. how can they ramp up production but sell less then they have done in ages, no i am sorry that just dont make sence

Obie, you are not smart are you? The holidays are less then 5 months away. Why would Nintendo unleash consoles in August? August, other than Madden, is a whack month every year. (Prime 3 being the exception last year.)

S.T.A.G.E, I totally 100% agree. Ps3 fanboys are obviously not as cool as I thought they were. (back when I was 12, I was one but one of the cool ones.)

obieslut said:
Lolcislaw said:

shelves are so empty that they are only selling 70k a week. sorry but na, if they can sell 160k Wiis in europe and keep the shelves in decent stock then why can they not do the same for the us.

This supply argument is full of fail now in my opinion. how can they ramp up production but sell less then they have done in ages, no i am sorry that just dont make sence

Go ask Nintendo or the retailers about it. Simple enough :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Definitly supply related due to stockpiling for holydays ( can't be anything else, Wii production has been exceeding the weekly sales for quite a few weeks now).

What I fail to see however is what is the advantage of holding back Wii consoles to sell them during the holydays instead of selling them now ?

You would think the earlier they are sold the more software they are likely to move during their lifetime.

Or am I missing something ????????

Someone explain me..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !