By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone have the new Pokemon games on the DS and Wii?

I just wanted to know if anyone has the new Pokemon games and were they worth buying?

Around the Network

I don't personally (I don't have a DS), but my wife and daughter seem to think it's cool that they can both be playing and meet up in the underground and rescue each other (the games will talk wifi to each other). They don't have Pokemon for the wii yet, and from what I heard about it, it seems a little over priced for what it is.

I have the DS game...but to be honest, I haven't played it for more than an hour. I'm pretty busy with other stuff...I figured I'd get back to it later.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I was wondering about that I was think about getting the Diamond one, but yeah I think that Battle Revoultion is overpriced but 135,115 other people didn't think so lol

I have put about 70 hours on Pearl. It's a solid title -- a good RPG with deep mechanics. My only complaint would be the linear story, but that hasn't deterred me from trying to collect them all. I'd say it has been the best gameplay value vs. price I've purchased since Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

Cool, I'm going to get Diamond then maybe we can trade sometime, but can you even look for a certain person over the wifi?

Dryden said:
I have put about 70 hours on Pearl. It's a solid title -- a good RPG with deep mechanics.

Are you freaking kidding me?  The game does not have deep mechanics at all, it's as simple as they could make it so anyone could play it.  It's actually just rock, paper, scissors with different options.

I tried Diamond because I hadn't played a Pokemon game since Red and I knew a lot of people that were getting the game.  After playing it for a short while I realized something: it was the game as Pokemon Red for the Game Boy that I played more than 10 years ago simply with new names.  The story was the same.  The Pokemon might as well been the same.  The enemies were even the same (just different name).  They added a few new features like the online play and playing with two Pokemon at once, but it's still the same game.  

The only hook for the game is the gotta catch em all tag and even that wasn't enough to keep me interested.  The gameplay is painfully boring and simple and the story is nonexistent.  If you like any of the other Pokemon games and want to complete your Pokemon collection, then pick it up, otherwise, don't waste your time.