By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wii-xbox360-ps3?

What do you thingk is best give me your opinion i have a wii because its cheap im a sucker for nintendo games and the new motion sensing. im planning on getting a 360 because gears of war realy apealed to me and i cant wait for halo 3. i dont really have any reason to get a ps3 with that price tag and all but feel free to convince me other wise

Around the Network

Like my ex-gal, your too easy- Just kiddin. But seriously, make the decision for yourself. Edit: Since you asked, Wii because I'm broke (lazy), and it still has enough games to keep me interested.

Xbox360 core: not backwards compatible, can't patch (and in some cases "fix") games, can't download new content for cames, can't download movies or game demos, limited save game space, controller not wireless. so, I'm going to rule that out. Let's compare the Xbox360 Premium versus the PS3 20GB: More HD space on the PS3 since Microsoft takes up 6GB I believe, leaving you with 14GB. PS3 takes up 2GB I believe, leaving you with 18GB. If you want the (superior) online service for online games for Xbox360 that's another $50 a year (PS3 free). If you ever want to have wireless networking for the Xbox360 you'll need a $100 adapter. You can get the same for the PS3 by getting the Premium version (also $100) that includes the flash/sd/memory stick readers and of course a lot more space for all the content you can put on either consoles. PS3 can also install linux. If you want to recharge a controller at any point while playing that's going to cost you another $15, although that is offset by the PS3 requiring you to buy a headset (unless you already have one for PS2). So, $450 Xbox360 if you don't want to be able to charge your controller while playing, $465 if you do. For $45 more you get more space, free annual online games (which after 2 years would move Xbox360 to $500+ already), more space for games on blu-ray, knowledge that every PS3 user has a HD and therefore will have more of those related features included by developers, and of course the ability to play blu-ray movies. For HD-DVD, that would cost another $200 (which would move the total cost for Xbox360 to $650+ for the first year). I don't think it comes down to cost. If you want the superior online capabilities (right now), then paying $50 a year might be for you. That's a matter of choice, not money. In the long run it would be more expensive to have the Xbox360, especially after 2 years. The Xbox360 also includes a VGA port to connect to a monitor, while the PS3 comes with a HDMI port. I think the VGA is more useful because component cables can provide 1080p, but an adapter ($15-30) would be required to convert component to VGA for PS3 to be used on a monitor. I think the PS3 Premium is the better deal. I enjoy the wireless capabilities because I can move my PS3 around more. I think the extra space is probably not worth the $100 alone because you can technically add any laptop-sized HD that is 200GB or less for more space, but I like the ability to use cards for saved games with the flash/SD/memory_stick readers, especially if you already have a digital camera or a PSP that uses one of those memory types (PSP uses memory sticks of course). Also, the Wii uses SD as well so you could get 1 stick for both system saves (if the formatting is compatible...someone else could confirm that as I don't have my Wii yet). anyway, that was the deciding factor for me. I hope to use my Wii and Digital Camera SD card also for PS3 saves, as well as my PSP memory stick. Either way, you still get the $100 worth of wireless adapter for the extra $100 and 40GB more space. Oh, and the chrome finish or whatever that really doesn't matter. Anyway, I find the included wireless adapter (worth $100), 44GB more space (worth probably $20, but $30+ buying a 40GB HD), ability to use card readers, more space for games, more support for Hard Drives, and ability to play blu-ray movies to be worth the extra $150 to play online games the first year. If you don't want wireless, card readers, and 40GB more space (instead of 4GB more), then it's only $50 more for the 20gb PS3, the first year, and the same price after 2 years. 4 years of xbox live pays for the ps3 premium. If you don't play games online, I suppose the Xbox360 is the better deal. Sorry for the long post.

windbane said: Xbox360 core: not backwards compatible, can't patch (and in some cases "fix") games, can't download new content for cames, can't download movies or game demos, limited save game space, controller not wireless. so, I'm going to rule that out. Let's compare the Xbox360 Premium versus the PS3 20GB: More HD space on the PS3 since Microsoft takes up 6GB I believe, leaving you with 14GB. PS3 takes up 2GB I believe, leaving you with 18GB. If you want the (superior) online service for online games for Xbox360 that's another $50 a year (PS3 free). If you ever want to have wireless networking for the Xbox360 you'll need a $100 adapter. You can get the same for the PS3 by getting the Premium version (also $100) that includes the flash/sd/memory stick readers and of course a lot more space for all the content you can put on either consoles. PS3 can also install linux. If you want to recharge a controller at any point while playing that's going to cost you another $15, although that is offset by the PS3 requiring you to buy a headset (unless you already have one for PS2). So, $450 Xbox360 if you don't want to be able to charge your controller while playing, $465 if you do. For $45 more you get more space, free annual online games (which after 2 years would move Xbox360 to $500+ already), more space for games on blu-ray, knowledge that every PS3 user has a HD and therefore will have more of those related features included by developers, and of course the ability to play blu-ray movies. For HD-DVD, that would cost another $200 (which would move the total cost for Xbox360 to $650+ for the first year). I don't think it comes down to cost. If you want the superior online capabilities (right now), then paying $50 a year might be for you. That's a matter of choice, not money. In the long run it would be more expensive to have the Xbox360, especially after 2 years. The Xbox360 also includes a VGA port to connect to a monitor, while the PS3 comes with a HDMI port. I think the VGA is more useful because component cables can provide 1080p, but an adapter ($15-30) would be required to convert component to VGA for PS3 to be used on a monitor. I think the PS3 Premium is the better deal. I enjoy the wireless capabilities because I can move my PS3 around more. I think the extra space is probably not worth the $100 alone because you can technically add any laptop-sized HD that is 200GB or less for more space, but I like the ability to use cards for saved games with the flash/SD/memory_stick readers, especially if you already have a digital camera or a PSP that uses one of those memory types (PSP uses memory sticks of course). Also, the Wii uses SD as well so you could get 1 stick for both system saves (if the formatting is compatible...someone else could confirm that as I don't have my Wii yet). anyway, that was the deciding factor for me. I hope to use my Wii and Digital Camera SD card also for PS3 saves, as well as my PSP memory stick. Either way, you still get the $100 worth of wireless adapter for the extra $100 and 40GB more space. Oh, and the chrome finish or whatever that really doesn't matter. Anyway, I find the included wireless adapter (worth $100), 44GB more space (worth probably $20, but $30+ buying a 40GB HD), ability to use card readers, more space for games, more support for Hard Drives, and ability to play blu-ray movies to be worth the extra $150 to play online games the first year. If you don't want wireless, card readers, and 40GB more space (instead of 4GB more), then it's only $50 more for the 20gb PS3, the first year, and the same price after 2 years. 4 years of xbox live pays for the ps3 premium. If you don't play games online, I suppose the Xbox360 is the better deal. Sorry for the long post.
One thing you forgot; Games

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

windbane, ¿De que habla? . Hágalo fácil y en un idioma que todos podemos entender. Nadie quiere este material complicado. ¿Qué está con todo estos números confusos? NO PODEMOS ENTENDER. Realmente, yo me canso con los números. Mira suk_my_wii, es obvio que te gusta xbox360. If you like xbox360 more get that. From windbane's "calculations" xbox360 will cost more. So if the ps3 and xbox360 are in the same price range (by which I mean expensive), hell get them both. There's no denying that each system will have at least one exclusive game worth getting. Unless your really not into anything ps3 has to offer in terms of games, the decision should be all up to you. The absolute only reason you (readers) wouldn't understand anything I wrote is because your not thinking hard enough. Hasta luego.

Around the Network

Sorry suk_my_wii... you just cant compare the 360 to a PS3 on this forum. if you say anything like. "The PS3 is a good value." or "The PS3 is going to be killer in just over a month." or anything like that. you get all the Wii-atics... screaming. "PS3 BLOWS. Go support microsoft. My take on it is. The 360 has better software. The PS3 will have better software. if you got money to blow now. and you want to play games already out. Buy a 360. After summer. But... after summer... I gotta say... I'd be more intrested in a PS3... wich might also see a price drop. (might... unlikely tho) I got a PS3. I love it. I want a 360. But I want a PSP more. I got a Wii. I usually use it to... uhh... I dont use it very often. And I got 2 DS. I dont ever use mine... and my wife uses hers about once a month for a hour. I want 3 games on the 360. the PS3 really, only has 1 game I want. But the thing is... in 6 months. the PS3 will have at least 4 exclusives I want... the 360... well... I dont like halo. Halo2 was a joke. Add dual weild, add some new junk... Add a crappy story... Remove the Halo... There you have it. Halo2. I am NOT eager for Halo3. Microsoft studios has gone downhill since the launch of the X-Box. Every game they launch... has AMAZING potential... but it's just lacking. Fable... OMG. The potential. I played through it. I felt so free to do anything I want. To 'influence' everything. To buy shops... to make money from them... And then I realised. None of it works. Gears of War Everyone says it's such a great game. I played it for a few minutes. I personally like resistance, because of it's approach on weapons. The only reason I WANT a 360... is Viva Pinyata. That is it. I would buy 2 other games as well tho. Seriously. If you have a decent computer that can run games... Buy a PS3. If you dont. Buy a 360. (right now) in 6 months. I would just say... buy a PS3. EDIT: Ja. Ich bin mit diamuerto einverstanden. Du magst offensichtlich die 360. Warum bist du sogar fragend uns? Manchmal sind Leute dumm. Aber das PS3 würde langfristig… da preiswerter sein, was besagte Marken Richtung war. Aber was ist imporant zu mir… Sind die Spiele, die für ein System herauskommen. Ich habe einen Spielcomputer. Ich benötige 360 nicht als die meisten guten 360 Exklusiven herauskomme für den PC. Aber erhalten, was du wünschst. EDIT2: The 360 will likely have a MAJOR price drop summer... so dont buy one untill then. if you do. your wasteing money... and if you wanna waste money... buy a PS3... at least it's a investment.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad, ha ha, Kwaad. I love it, I love it, I love it. What do I love??? German?

diamuerto said: Kwaad, ha ha, Kwaad. I love it, I love it, I love it. What do I love???
Me?

Kwaad said: diamuerto said: Kwaad, ha ha, Kwaad. I love it, I love it, I love it. What do I love??? Me?
Me, Funny. Edit: Ok that's enough, I'm done acting stupid for the night.

Yeah. German.