By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 private beta

So I got into the Resistance 2 private beta and I have to say, this game is fucking amazing. Right now I get to play and chat with the devs but I can't post pictures or video otherwise I get my beta privileges revoked; but, I can still answer any questions. So guys, go ahead, shoot.

If you're wondering why the first one was locked, it was because I used bad language on the thread title..oops

Here are the questions and answers so far:

What are the graphics like
I would say they are on par with CoD4 only with a brighter color platte and a slightly more fictional look.

How is the gameplay?
Easily the best part of the game. You get to choose the weapons you spawn with. I prefer the marksmen and the carbine but what you want to do as a squad is gage your surroundings and choose weapons that compliment each other for any situation. For anyone that played the first Resistance, you'll notice the carbine aim is completely different. With most weapons you will be aiming down the sights and the zoom button is now on L1, very much like CoD4.

Does it lag?
Not at all, but there aren't many people in the private beta so I can't take that for granted when the game releases. 

How is the weapons?
Sick. The auger let's you see through walls even as a human when you zoom in, same with the bullseye when you tag someone. The auger is now a shitload more powerful and has a higher rate of fire The marksmen is kind of like the equivalent to the BR in Halo but it's a ton of fun to use. It's actually my favorite gun. The biggest noob weapon though is the mini-gun or the wraith. It's unbalanced because you can just throw a shield out in front of yourself when you're taking heavy damage and have your team back you up while you gun people down at the same time. Aside from that, great.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Around the Network

How many different game modes are there in the beta?

Have you played a 60 player game yet and if so how is the squad system?

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

sounds great!!! cant wait for resistance 2!!! YAY!!!

Is there any sort of ranking system in the beta?

There are going to be many more game modes when the game releases and right now you can only get through the levels 1 through 6. You unlock things as you level up.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Around the Network

Can you share the beta?

What types of things do you unlock? Is it game changing, like weapons, or merely cosmetic?

Are there problems with people getting out of maps or glitching through walls like in RFOM?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Are there any new weapons besides the marksman?

How in depth is the character customization?

Are there perks such as in COD4?

looking forward to ressistance 2, gonna be legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, if you are in the private BETA you cant disscus it to the public. Maybe that's why your first thread got locked.

One of my clanmates(and friend) is one of the Infected on the MyRes forums. He wont even tell us anything. Not even how big is the size of the BETA file(which I wanted to know).

All im saying is be careful. You can get an IP ban for talking about it outside of the private forum in place for the BETA users. You can also lose any priveledges to the Public one.....fruit for thought.