By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 25 reasons gamers annoy non-gamers

I disagree with #6 the most, wind waker sucked so bad!! A childish game that spat on the face of the history of the franchise. To think we waited 4 years for that piece of trash. Zelda games do need to be badass, which all of them where except that one. Gannon is king.
Now if Christopher Nolan directed a Zelda Video game with some high-def graphics, and some killer gameplay(which all of them do, except wind waker) that put a dark twist on zelda. That would be something to behold.

And plus your list of why non-gamers don't like gamers turned into a list of your opinions about the gaming culture, which has nothing to do with why non-gamers don't like gamers.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network
appolose said:
steven787 said:
You're not getting it, we are nerds trying to extend our youth by completely filling our life with toys. We're no better than sports fanatics...

...but there's not really much else to do but be a nerd or sports fan...

... it's either that or beat the wife.

QFT 2

If you think about it every one you know is into one or several nerdy things (TV, Movies, Games, Sports, ATVs, Paintball, etc.) or they are mentally unbalanced.  I really meant it.

But just like teens, we make fun of each other.  The one who likes celebrity is a ditz, the on who like sports is a jock or a wanna be, and the gamers are nerds... but we all hate on the people in the corner that we don't understand.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Actually this seems like a list of 25 reasons why gamers are annoyed by non-gamers, or more accurately, gamers who don't take their gaming seriously.

@ wfz
'Also, they love FF7 because it's like a movie, but game stories bore them? roflmao contradiction.'
I didn't see the contradiction. I think you just interperted it incorrectly.

8. Final Fantasy VII is the best Final Fantasy.
It was like playing a movie, and it was easy enough

Thus it PLAYED like a movie, ie, it took you by the hand and lead you thru the game start to finished. The only way it could have been simplier would have it be a movie, with no interaction upon your part.

The game stories give him a starting point and then make him work it out from there. The difference being, the game story is like a movie with the script 'hidden' from you. And you have to play 20 questions with the game asking 'does the script go like this?' 'Nope, sorry, guess again.' Apparently he doesn't consider that as much fun.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

The one thing I don't get about the list is, if were talking about non gamers here, they would have never bothered playing two-thirds of these games on the list. Non gamers getting into Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil 2 + 4, Mega Man 4, and Portal? Hmmm...if you've played all of those, I do believe that qualifies you as a gamer.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Really annoying.

Around the Network

I think ive become a non-gamer. How depressing, i mean i really don't give a shit about getting every heart piece in TP, although i do want to replay SMG as Luigi though.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think by non-gamer he means, non-snobcore.

steven787 said:

Oh ok. I just don't really equate the word non-gamers with those people. Non gamers to me are the people that bought the DS for Touch Generation games, the Wii for Wii branded games and play Pop Cap games on their PC. Broad generalization yes, but you get the picture.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
steven787 said:

Oh ok. I just don't really equate the word non-gamers with those people. Non gamers to me are the people that bought the DS for Touch Generation games, the Wii for Wii branded games and play Pop Cap games on their PC. Broad generalization yes, but you get the picture.

Yeah, that list makes more sense, right?