By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have a couple more questions about 360

Picture Problem

I recently got Perfect Dark Zero and noticed something I can only describe as picture tearing. At some parts when I move my character, horizontal lines appear as if the picture is slightly shifted in three sections (kinda out of sync). It's nothing major but I was wondering what I can do to correct this. My 360 is connected to an SDTV.

XBox Live

My 360 is online and I got a free gold membership for a month, however, before I got the free trial I noticed the prices... they seem very expensive to me. I thought it was 50 bucks a year.

8.99 per month (10.25 after taxes)

24.99 per 3 months (28.48 after taxes)

It didn't have a 1 year option so I'm assuming people go by these two plans. That's over 120 a year, am I missing something?

THIRD QUESTION JUST ADDED

I'm having trouble streaming music/videos from my PC to 360. I've followed the steps provided by xbox.com and on the 360 wizard but am unable to get it to work.

First, I opened WMP11 -> Tools -> Options -> Library -> Configure Sharing. I selected "Share my media" but the 360 doesn't show up on following list. I had the 360 turned on while I did this, I went through the 360 procedure where I it detected my PC and gave me a sharing code. Any ideas?

EDIT: I don't have "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" in my Services list at all... hmmm, something is very wrong here.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

Where do you live that has a 14% sales tax?

The best deal for Live Gold is in the prepaid cards. A 12-month + 1 free card for $44.99 at Amazon (tax free and free shipping!) = $3 and change/month.

Edit: Though as I understand it, Amazon isn't tax free in New York anymore.

That sounds like a dodgy Vid output..

Have you installed the patch and brought everything upto date

I own the game as well and it exhibits none of these problems.

newegg.com sells 12+1 cards for 40$ + free shipping

Around the Network
iamfanboy said:

Picture Problem

I recently got Perfect Dark Zero and noticed something I can only describe as picture tearing.  At some parts when I move my character, horizontal lines appear as if the picture is slightly shifted in three sections (kinda out of sync).  It's nothing major but I was wondering what I can do to correct this.  My 360 is connected to an SDTV.

XBox Live

My 360 is online and I got a free gold membership for a month, however, before I got the free trial I noticed the prices... they seem very expensive to me.  I thought it was 50 bucks a year.

8.99 per month (10.25 after taxes)

24.99 per 3 months (28.48 after taxes)

It didn't have a 1 year option so I'm assuming people go by these two plans.  That's over 120 a year, am I missing something?

@ Perfect dark Zero - its a launch game, so it could be having a framerate problem. Frame tearing is a symptom of that and im sorry nothing can be done.

@ Live gold - its $50 from a shop or $40 with free shipping from New Egg.

Anything else dude?

Tease.

Perfect Dark Zero has no v-sync.

Live Gold is $50 for 13 months, don't know where you saw those prices.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

JaggedSac said:

Where do you live that has a 14% sales tax?

Toronto Canada

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Cypher1980 said:
That sounds like a dodgy Vid output..

Have you installed the patch and brought everything upto date

I own the game as well and it exhibits none of these problems.

When I first got it online, it asked if I wanted to do a system update.  Where do I download a patch?

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

steven787 said:
Perfect Dark Zero has no v-sync.

Live Gold is $50 for 13 months, don't know where you saw those prices.

That's what the xBox Live signup wizard told me.  I had three options.

Gold for one month 8.99

Gold for 3 months 24.99

Keep Silver

I chose Keep Silver and then I got a free gold membership for a month.

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!