By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Segas best franchise.... Based on sequels???????

disolitude said:
Streets of rage series. Unline Sonic there isn't a bad streets of rage game made.

Streets of rage 3 is my fave for the special moves, crazy techno soundtrack and hidden fighters.

I've got Streets of rage 1,2 & 3 all on my Megadrive/Genesis and i still paly all 3 Religiously at least twice a month..... although i prefer Streets of rage 2 the most i still think that streets of rage 3 is a FANTASTIC GAME.... sometimes when i go back and play SOR 2 i always assume that axel can dash towards the enemies and do side rolls lol....... and i love the weapon special moves in SOR 3 like Blaze doing an uppercut when she has a knife if her hand... and theres some good boss fights in Streets of rage 3 like robot axel and shiva (near the end of the game when he's dressed as the fake president)

Around the Network

Also, Vectorman isn't a Sega franchise. It was only published by Sega.

Shining Force!

Words Of Wisdom said:

Sure it is. Blue Sky was a 1st party second developer. Resistance and Killzone arent sony franchises either then.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Vectorman hasn't exactly got lots of votes at this stage has it..... i thought it was a great game but came out too close to the end of the Megadrives life cycle

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
disolitude said:
Streets of rage series. Unline Sonic there isn't a bad streets of rage game made.

Streets of rage 3 is my fave for the special moves, crazy techno soundtrack and hidden fighters.

I've got Streets of rage 1,2 & 3 all on my Megadrive/Genesis and i still paly all 3 Religiously at least twice a month..... although i prefer Streets of rage 2 the most i still think that streets of rage 3 is a FANTASTIC GAME.... sometimes when i go back and play SOR 2 i always assume that axel can dash towards the enemies and do side rolls lol....... and i love the weapon special moves in SOR 3 like Blaze doing an uppercut when she has a knife if her hand... and theres some good boss fights in Streets of rage 3 like robot axel and shiva (near the end of the game when he's dressed as the fake president)

I know what you mean. 2 feels more complete and more polished in the gameplay area. But I find 3 much harder and somewhat experimental and I like that. All the little things in 3 add up...like how when Blaze picks up a sword her dash move becomes different, yet if she pickus up a bat nothing happens...but when Axel picks up a bat and does the dash, watch out!

Letting that Kangaroo live and then being able to select him is brilliant too. I've only beaten streets of rage 3 once in my life, like 4 years ago and it still stands out as an amazing game...im waiting for an xbox live release or something to give it another shot. Already got the SOR2 for xbox live...

disolitude said:
Ronster316 said:
disolitude said:

I know what you mean. 2 feels more complete and more polished in the gameplay area. But I find 3 much harder and somewhat experimental and I like that. All the little things in 3 add up...like how when Blaze picks up a sword her dash move becomes different, yet if she pickus up a bat nothing happens...but when Axel picks up a bat and does the dash, watch out!

Letting that Kangaroo live and then being able to select him is brilliant too. I've only beaten streets of rage 3 once in my life, like 4 years ago and it still stands out as an amazing game...im waiting for an xbox live release or something to give it another shot. Already got the SOR2 for xbox live...

Yup, SOR 3 was certainly more challenging and a lot less forgiving.... have you played Streets of rage remake on PC yet? it combines all the best elements of Streets of rage 1,2 & 3 and throws them together in to one nice and tidy package..... well worth checking out for any Steets of rage fan

Shenmue. Never got to play #2 but #1 was great. I played all of those series listed though. They were/are all good (except for Sonic as of late).

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Sonic!!!

SaviorX said:
Shenmue. Never got to play #2 but #1 was great. I played all of those series listed though. They were/are all good (except for Sonic as of late).

True, Sonic is no longer the force he once was but theres no doubt theres been some great Sonic games over the years....... im having a tough time choosing between Sonic and Shenmue... i think they are both AMAZING.... need more time lol..... if theres any others out there who have not played Shenmue 2 and don't own a dreamcast, you can play Shanmue 2 on xbox 360.... Shenmue 2 was an xbox origional game but its BC with 360