By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Registry Cleaners?

Does anyone know of any completely free registry cleaners that fix an unlimited amount of issues without charging? I've tried a lot of them like RegCure, XP Medic, Registry Fix, and a few others, but all of them charged me to remove them, or at least placed a limit on how much would be removed.

Around the Network

HI i use WinASO Registry Optimizer, not bad

I need something completely free, WinASO only fixes 10 errors, then I have to buy the damn product... (100th post ^_^)

press

Start + R

Type in - "MSCONFIG"

Press Enter

Go to Startup Tab

Un-check anything that seems 'weird' or in all caps. It can help to do google searches on the different things and find out exactly what they are... I have only 3 things that I allow to start with my computer.

Also I know of another free program that is better than this method but I can't remember the name right now, I'll check later.

I use registry mechanic unforunately the trial version has limitations like the ones you mentioned.  Here's tucows' list of registry cleaners, maybe you'll find one that is true freeware.

http://www.tucows.com/Windows/IS-IT/OSManagement/RegistryCleaners/

Around the Network

You can also just use a wide variety of trial registry cleaners. Eventually, you'll get it all done.

SW-5120-1900-6153