By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

Okay, this'll be the last piece of info for today, it's 3 in the morning here..

There's talk of a NATO summit in the works alongside a UE summit for the nations leaders. Rumour has it that Poland will try to persuade the leaders to send a medical mission to Georgia while at the same time NATO will be plead to in hopes of sending a military mission to stabalize the situation.

Chances are rather slim sources say, due to France's, USA's and Germany's lack of resolve to stand up to Russia. Same source also says that the Polish president, known for his dislike for Russia, is willing to go to any means to end the conflict in Georgia's favour.

Don't know how reliable the written above is, but it's from someone working in the ministry of foreign affairs, so it may be spot on.

Goodnight people, and let's hope this will last no more than a few days.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Thanks for the info! Very worrying, no way Russia can justify such an escalation...

Unless they want a New USSR.

ITS A CONSPIRACY!

Menago KF said:

There's talk of a NATO summit in the works alongside a UE summit for the nations leaders. Rumour has it that Poland will try to persuade the leaders to send a medical mission to Georgia while at the same time NATO will be plead to in hopes of sending a military mission to stabalize the situation.

Chances are rather slim sources say, due to France's, USA's and Germany's lack of resolve to stand up to Russia. Same source also says that the Polish president, known for his dislike for Russia, is willing to go to any means to end the conflict in Georgia's favour.

Don't know how reliable the written above is, but it's from someone working in the ministry of foreign affairs, so it may be spot on.

All of that makes sense, but I doubt NATO will do anything. Thanks again :) I'm also off to bed.

By the way, Bush is already meeting up with his own security council:

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Taking into account that russophobia is quite widespreaded among Polish high officials I wouldn't put much faith in what they're saying. It's not like Russian official would share their plans with any of Polish diplomats anyway.

NJ5 said:
Menago KF said:

All of that makes sense, but I doubt NATO will do anything. Thanks again :) I'm also off to bed.

By the way, Bush is already meeting up with his own security council:

lol @ pic

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Will this lead to the first use of a nuclear warhead for war purposes since Hiroshima?

Will somebody actually nuke Russia?

Not unless Douglas MacArthur is reanimated and takes control of the US armed forces.

While we bring him back to life we should get Patton back to, maybe he can start to beat the soldiers who don't feel like fighting in the next WW

kamil, you cant annex your own territory. and the ossetian rebels violated a cease fire provoking a heavy reaction from georgia..
russia is the one that wants to annex georgian territory. russia has been arming these rebels for a while now.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Griffin said:
Kasz216 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Will this lead to the first use of a nuclear warhead for war purposes since Hiroshima?

Will somebody actually nuke Russia?

Not unless Douglas MacArthur is reanimated and takes control of the US armed forces.

While we bring him back to life we should get Patton back to, maybe he can start to beat the soldiers who don't feel like fighting in the next WW

Why would anyone need Patton?  First thing MacArthur would do is order nuclear strikes on like 40+ cities in asia and russia.  The world would be ended before Patton's tanks could hit the ground.

MrBubbles said:
kamil, you cant annex your own territory. and the ossetian rebels violated a cease fire provoking a heavy reaction from georgia..
russia is the one that wants to annex georgian territory. russia has been arming these rebels for a while now.

What about Montenegro and Kosovo?

Edit: Somehow I missed annex.

konnichiwa said:
MrBubbles said:

What about Montenegro and Kosovo?

Edit: Somehow I missed annex.

Yeah, that's about the only difference. Makes it more like the "revolution" of Texas when a bunch of american dicks moved in, revolted then joined the US like 10 years later.

Still it's a VERY big difference.

Well that and the fact that the only reason South Ossetia wants to join Russia is because the region was set up by the USSR in the first place.

They would basically be benefiting from the dirty deeds they planted in their heyday.

Well that and it wasn't internationally reconized as South Ossetia just wants to be free "because" and not because they were particularly harmed in some way like Kosovo.  Which again is a big difference.

Montenegro.  Well that was just a different case all together.