By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

Dude, i'm talking of 2-3 new pipelines that were in the planning. It's a whole different scale and situation when you have that many "roads" for natural resources, basically on par with Russias.

Don't know if you guys heard of this, but according to a reporter near the russian military, there seems to be some plans....ohhhh shit, the Russians are gonna bomb the capital.....that's what it says, i'm writing as i'm reading from the tv........shit.

This may turn very ugly, if this comes to pass there could be a major problem between Russia and Poland. There are over 100 poles in Tbilisi right now, and now they're threatned by russian bombs.....great.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

I'm assuming that most people' knowledge about Georgia and Szaakaszwili' doings is quite limited. Szaakaszwali came to power with intention to unite re-join "revolted" republics (not only South Ossetia don't want be part of Georgia).

He succeded with Ajaria and now was time continue his idea with the annex of South Ossetia. On 7th of August Georgia launched surprised attack on Tskhinvali (capital of South Ossetia). With escalation of violance lots of civilians fleed to Russia. On August 8th Russian army crossed South Ossetia border with intention to secure its own people (lots of Ossetian have Russian passport).

The conflict escalated on 9th of August with lots of people being killed on both sides including civilians living in Georgia.
I'm sure that situation is complicated and it not easy to put blame on one side but it was Georgia that attacked first.
On the other hand from reading this thread one could think that Putin in an Devil incarnation and Russian Republic new Nazi Germany.

And if someone is wondering how it will end: obviously Russia will won and South Ossetia independence will be strengthen. Szaakaszwili hoped that Russia won't take action durign Olympics so he could annex Ossetia republic with ease but that didn't happen.

It won't be World War III. There've been lots of conflicts since WWII and public don't know square about most of them (including Second Congo War - the biggest one since '45 with around 4 mil victims) and any of them lead to global conflict and for most Americans didn't care a bit. I'm guessing that wars with a continetnal of global power included are much more highlighted by media.

@kamil: The difference is that most of those conflicts didn't have one of the world's biggest power's allies fighting against their former opponent during the Cold War.

At the very least, this marks a shift in the perception of power. Russia is making a statement which will not go unheard.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Menago KF said:
Dude, i'm talking of 2-3 new pipelines that were in the planning. It's a whole different scale and situation when you have that many "roads" for natural resources, basically on par with Russias.

Don't know if you guys heard of this, but according to a reporter near the russian military, there seems to be some plans....ohhhh shit, the Russians are gonna bomb the capital.....that's what it says, i'm writing as i'm reading from the tv........shit.

This may turn very ugly, if this comes to pass there could be a major problem between Russia and Poland. There are over 100 poles in Tbilisi right now, and now they're threatned by russian bombs.....great.

Thanks for the update.

These things never go as planned.

War is the last resort.

I hope this ends quickly.

Menago KF said:

I'm trying to find confirmation of that, but didn't manage yet. I wonder if it could be Russian propaganda somehow making its way to the media? Let's hope it's not true :O

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Menago KF said:

I'm trying to find confirmation of that, but didn't manage yet. I wonder if it could be Russian propaganda somehow making its way to the media? Let's hope it's not true :O

This guy lives in Poland.

Getting different news.

reask said:
NJ5 said:
Menago KF said:

This guy lives in Poland.

Getting different news.

I know, but he said the source is a reporter near the Russian military... Could be just a rumour.

@NJ5
It's on wp.pl and heard it on tv.

EDIT: It's not from a reporter, but from an politics informer. The russians are considering boming Tbilisi and it is almost 100% certain that the reason for the bad network connectivity in Goergia right now is due to Russia blocking the signal.

I'll keep you posted if something new comes up...

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Thanks for the info! Very worrying, no way Russia can justify such an escalation...

Menago KF said:
@NJ5
It's on wp.pl and heard it on tv.

EDIT: It's not from a reporter, but from an politics informer. The russians are considering boming Tbilisi and it is almost 100% certain that the reason for the bad network connectivity in Goergia right now is due to Russia blocking the signal.

I'll keep you posted if something new comes up...

Please do.